Chapter Eighteen

It had been a week since Lexa woke up and today was the day she got to leave. Clarke came to the hospital with some clothes and Tia.

"Here. I didn't know what exactly do I brought you a t-shirt and some jeans." Clarke handed over the clothes.

"Thanks. I'll be out in a minute." Lexa went into the bathroom.

When Lexa came out, Clarke looked up at her and just stared.

"What? Is something wrong?" Lexa looked at herself.

"No. Nothing's wrong. You just look amazing." Clarke blushed.

"You... Look g-great. Mo--mmy." Tia stuttered.

"Good job Tia." Tia smiled at Lexa.

When Lexa picked Tia up, she winced and touched her side. Clarke's was fast enough to notice this and looked at Lexa. Lexa brushed it off like it was nothing. The nurse came in with the paperwork for a discharge Clarke quickly scribbled her name. The three of them left the hospital. The fresh air hit Lexa almost as soon as her foot was out the door. It smelled so great. The sun beating on her face. The wind blowing through her hair. Tia smiling with how fast the wind was. Everything was perfect. When Lexa reached the car, she couldn't strap Tia in, when she looked Clarke she had a helpless look. She had so much to learn. After all, being gone for 2 years meant she lost 2 years of learning and the kids growing up.

Once Tia was strapped in, Clarke got into the car and started to drive away. Lexa was nervous, this was her first time back in a car after the wreck. She tried not to show it, but Clarke could see through her. Clarke rested her hand on Lexa's.

"It's okay. I have you." Clarke kept her eyes on the road.

"Thanks babe. I'm just so nervous. This is my first time back in a car. I just can't stop thinking about that day. I know it was 2 years ago." Lexa still couldn't shake off her uneasiness.

"It's not nothing. It's big. You could be suffering from PTSD. Remember right after you got shot? You kept on waking up screaming." Clarke reassured Lexa.

"I know so if I wake up in the middle of the night you'll know why." Lexa tried to make the conversation light again.

"That's not funny Lexa. This is serious. You could have some serious PTSD." Clarke was serious.

"Come on Clarke. Lighten up." Lexa looked back at Tia, "Aw, she's asleep."

"Yeah, she falls asleep in cars. You want to know about the kids?" Clarke looked in the mirror.

"Of course. Tell me all about them." Lexa happily said.

"Well, Tia is 2 years old. She's full of energy. She gets that from her dad and her brown hair. Her first word was "mommy." She is deadly allergic to peanuts, so never feed her peanuts. She loves Pauna, the dog. She doesn't go to school yet, but we plan on putting her in next year. Tia loves Aden. And Aden. My seat love Aden. We adopted him a year ago. He was suffering from some bad PTSD. His biological parents abused him. He wakes up sometimes at night screaming about not to hit him. It's bad, Lexa. Bellamy and I always run to his bedside and climb in and comfort him. Sometimes, he will come to my room and climb in bed with me. He has some trust issues, but he seemed to warm up to you. Aden is brilliant. He is top of his class and goes to some upper classes at 7 years old. He's a great football player, but sometimes gets a little rough. He's had a rough time. Bellamy has been the father figure to the kids. He's been through it all with me. It's been a hell of a ride." Clarke finished.

"I missed so much Clarke. I missed Tia's first words. I missed you adopting Aden. I missed them growing up." Lexa had tears in her eyes.

"You didn't. You're here now. That is what matters." Clarke pulled into their driveway.

The driveway was full of sport equipment and toys. A basketball hoop was also in the driveway. When Lexa walked in, the house had toys everywhere. Aden was in the living room doing homework. Everything looked the same and when she reached her and Clarke's room, it had every single drawing up. Pictures were strung around the room on lights. Pictures of her and Clarke. Bellamy and Clarke. Bell and the kids. The kids, Bellamy, and Clarke. Lexa holding baby Tia. Aden. Tia. Pictures and drawings were everywhere.

"Do you like it? This was something that helped me cope with you in a coma." Clarke came up behind Lexa.

"I love it. It's so beautiful." Lexa turned around.

"I thought you might like it. Also Heda Incorp, you still own it. In one of your paperwork a, it gave me power until you returned. So, I ran it for you." Clarke smiled.

"Thank you. I made that paperwork when you returned." Lexa kissed Clarke.

"Ewwww." They could hear Aden behind them.

"Aden! Come here!" Lexa chased after Aden.

Aden screamed in delight. Tia tried to follow Lexa with her stubby legs. Unable to catch up, Clarke grabbed Tia and ran around with her. They were happy.