Chapter Fourteen

Lexa was in the O.R. She was still knocked out cold. A doctor walked in and looked to see a young girl. She hated to see young adults or kids on the table. After she scrubbed in, she walked in to the room.

"Let's being. It's a beautiful day to save lives." She stated.

After about five hours, some problems, and one coding, Lexa came out of the room and not in a body bag. Lexa was placed in room 319. The doctors wouldn't allow anyone to see her yet, since she was still in critical condition. Clarke was slightly better, but still a little off. They had gone to see Monty and check up on him. Monty could see it, something was off with Clarke. He didn't say anything in case it set her off. A doctor came into Monty's room to talk to Clarke and Bellamy.

"Hello. Family to Lexa Woods?" Doctor Lillian asked.

"Yes. We are the family." Clarke and Bellamy said in unison.

"Yes, she's been better. She is in critical condition but if you are here family you may go see her. Our only concern is she may go into a coma." Clarke was holding back the tears.

"Can...can we see her?" Bell hesitantly asked.

"Of course. She's in room 319." The doctor motioned towards her door.

Clarke reached the door. She didn't open it or touch it. She just stood there.

"Bell, I'm too nervous. I can't do it. I can't open the door." Clarke looked over.

"It's okay, Clarke. I can do it." Bell took her hand; and, then grabbed the door handle.

He opened the door. There lied Lexa in a hospital bed. Wires were hooked up to her. Her eyes closed, looking so peaceful. Clarke's hand went up to her mouth, holding back a sob. Clarke slowly approached the bed.

"Oh, Lexa..." Clarke cried.

Bell stood there, unsure what to do. He couldn't believe it. She looked so peaceful yet so hurt. There were bruises on her face and her arms. Most likely some on her legs and all over her body too. Bellamy grabbed onto the chair. Gripping it as if it could help him keep it together. He had to keep it together for Clarke. He had to stay strong. Clarke stood over Lexa. All of a sudden, she fell to her knees. Hands on her face and arms on her knees. Curled up in a ball and crying. She couldn't do it. She had tried to stay strong for too long. Lexa could hear something, but her eyes wouldn't open. She couldn't open, all she saw was blackness.

Clarke left the room. She couldn't handle it. Bell sat in the chair. His head was in hands. A doctor came in.

"Hello, sir. I'm just going to check up on your wife." The doctor stated.

"Oh... She's not my wife. Just a friend." Bellamy stuttered.

"You sure about that?" The doctor questioned.

"Um yeah. She plays for the other team." The doctor still confused, "She's gay."

"Oh." The doctor went silent, "Well, I'm afraid we may have a problem."

"What?!? What is it?!?" Bellamy rushed.

"It's seems as though she is in a coma. We do not know when she will wake, or if she'll ever wake. I'm sorry, sir."

Bellamy fell silent. He couldn't tell this to Clarke. He couldn't. Bell started to say something when he heard a slight gasp. He looked at the doorway and saw Clarke.

"Clarke... What did you hear?" Bellamy walked towards her.

"Every---thing..." She said in between sobs.

Bell just stood there. Unable to say anything that would comfort her. Clarke ran out of the room. Bellamy was left standing there.