Chapter 6

Ellie POV

I wake to the scent of ammonia as a fist connects with my face.

"That's for earlier," I hear him say.

I go to move my arm in case of another hit, but it only moves an inch before being seared by the silver shackle. I wince at the burning before opening my eyes to my new jail cell.

Pulling my mind away from the fog of the drugs, I look at my position. I am strapped to a metal chair with silver shackles around my wrists and ankles. I pull against the silver rigorously before giving up, "That's not going to work. Struggling will just cause you more pain."

I look up at the voice of the same man who had taken me from my cell.

"I'm guessing you're the interrogator," I tell him, "I'm not who you're looking for, and even if I did know who it was, I wouldn't tell you."

He gives me a smirk before replying, "Looks like we have one with a brain," he goes to the corner and drags another chair. Setting it in front of me, he takes a seat and leans in, "But I don't really care. You see I have a job to do and I have a good feeling about you."

"If you are going to try to beat an answer out of me, let's just get this over with," he laughs at my snarky attitude, "What's your first question?"

"I knew I would like you," he tells me, leaning back into the chair, "What do you know about the missing Luna?"

Shock and fear fills my body when the words leave his mouth. My mind is running a mile a minute as I think who is looking for me. Is it the rogue or the alpha? As my mind worked all the possibilities, I show no reaction to his question on the outside.

"Who?"

The second the word leaves my lips, his fist collides with my face again. I spit out the blood that's filling my mouth as I stare back at him, waiting for him to ask again.

He smells like a rogue. Does he figure out we are a luna? Raelynn calls out to me.

I don't know, but we can't let him know it's us or Zea will be in even more danger, I respond to her.

"Let's try again. What do you know about the missing Luna?"

"I don't know who you are talking about."

Another punch.

After about ten times of asking the same question and getting the same result, he turns to a different tactic than punching my face. As a black eye forms over my bruised face, he starts to cut my arms with an array of silver blades.

"You will tell me," he says as he digs the knife into my skin once more.

"I don't know what you are talking about," I scream out as my skin burn at the contact, "Whose missing Luna?"

He stops cutting and sits back in the chair from before, "The missing Luna of Black Stone."

"How would I know anything about a missing Luna," I breathe out as my skin burns from the cuts of silver, "I'm just a member of a pack. I have no connection with Black Stone," I lie through my teeth.

"What about the child?" he ask.

Before I could hide it, he catches my reaction of shock over how he knew about Zea, "What child?"

"Oh, I think you know," he smiles as he holds up the knife.

"I don't know anything about a missing Luna or a child," I try to sound convincingly, but I know he caught my fear when he mentioned Zea.