Chapter 30

Axton POV

"It's good to see you too, sis," Michael smiles at her, almost beggingly as if asking her for forgiveness.

They just stare at each other, as if they are speaking without using words. When Aurora finally does break the silence, she only asks one question, "How are you here?"

"It's a long story, Aurora," Michael speaks hesitantly.

"You died," Aurora looks almost broken as Xander moves behind her and takes her into his arms. He gives Michael a disapproving look at making his mate upset, "I saw you die."

He smirks a little bit, "I can same the same thing about you."

Xander growls at Michael as he says that. I don't understand what either one of them are talking about and honestly, I don't care right now. All I want is to find Ellie.

Breaking their intense stare down, "Michael, if you help Aurora with the spell, will it work? Can you find her?"

They both look at each other once more before both Aurora and Michael nod their heads.

"We can do it," Michael answers but Aurora doesn't give him a look of gratitude. It's more of one of pure shock and awe.

"Michael, are you sure? You know what the cost is," Aurora states, obviously weary of her brother doing the spell.

"What cost?" Walker asks, "Isn't it just the same spell you just try?"

Michael shakes his head, "Not exactly. It's similar but will come at a much higher cost."

"I don't care what the cost is. Whatever it is I will pay it," I tell them, "Just find my mate."

Aurora gives me a sad look, "The cost isn't yours to bear. You won't be the one paying it."

"I will be. As it should be," Michael states. Aurora looks like she wants to argue with him, but he doesn't give her the chance, "Everything that has happened is my fault. I will pay the price to fix it."

"Michael, no," Jade starts, but Michael just shakes his head at her.

"I broke my promise to you," he tells her, "I may have had good intentions, but that doesn't make up for the fact that I hurt you. You need to let me do this."

Jade hesitates before finally giving in to him. Moving out of Xander's arms, Aurora and Michael move to stand next to the map. She reaches her hand out to his, "Are you ready? There will be no going back."

Michael just nods his head as he places his hand in hers. They both start to mumble as the rain and wind pick up again outside. The lights in the room grow brighter as the sound of electricity fills the air. The dirt on the map begins to move again as everything grows louder and louder.

As the mumbling gets louder, the lights in the room explode all at once.

Then silence.

"Is it done?" I ask as Xander and Jade rush over to their mates who are now lying on the ground.

Aurora nods her head and she hands me the map off the desk, "It's done. The green light on the map is Cortez. When he moves, the light will follow him."

"Thank you," I tell her.

She smiles softly at me as she leans into Xander for support in standing upright. The spell must have taken all her energy from her.

"Michael! Michael, open your eyes!" Jade screams, making every head turn to look at them. Michael is still on the floor, unmoving, "Michael! Come on, open your eyes," Jade begs.