Chapter 9

Ellie POV

*7 Years Ago*

My hands shake as I look at those defining blue lines.

After the night of the party, Axton and I became inseparable. By that first night, I feel like I know everything about him. We spent every day with each other; we are almost never apart. The only times we weren't in the same room together is when he had his Alpha duties with his father to attend to, but that never bothered me because I had my own Luna job to adhere to with his mother.

Normal people might think that it will be weird, spending everyday with one person, but it isn't for us. Maybe it is because we are mates, but I never want to be separated from him. He is my other half.

It has only been a few months with Axton, and I never think I could be happier. That is until I saw those two lines. A million emotions are flying through me all at once as I stare at those lines.

I am uncertain. I don't know if I am ready for this. What will it all mean?

I'm scared. Did Axton want this too? Are we ready for this next step? We are both so young, could we really do this?

I'm afraid of the future. Will we be able to protect it? Will it grow up safe?

But the emotion I'm feeling the strongest is joy. It's not only me or Axton, but a piece of both of us. A light that we will share and raise. Our baby.

A smile grows on my face as I run all my emotions through my head and my hormones finally settle on happy. I am going to be a mother. We are going to have a baby.

I quickly finish up in the bathroom and head down the fine wood steps. The pack house is empty since tonight is the annual Wolf Moon. Werewolves might not be controlled by the full moon, but we sure did love to throw parties under it.

I check the kitchen one last time to make sure Axton's beta, Walker, don't eat all of the s'mores fixing I had set up for the kids before getting ready to head out.

While making sure everything is set, I start thinking about the future. What will our child be like? Will she be strong like Axton? Will she be kind? Will she know she is completely loved? Without even thinking about it, I already know she is a girl. I guess I will call it mother's intuition, but I am pretty sure I'm right.

After all the questions run through my head, I start thinking of ways to tell Axton. I could just spit it out and tell him bluntly, but I'm a bit against that idea. I want to surprise him somehow.

I think of a few scenarios in my head on different ways to break the news. Maybe over dinner, or I could get him one of those best dad in the world t-shirts. I kept thinking of all the ways I could tell him, but I can't come up with what his reaction will be.

We haven't talked about having pups yet. We are both so young; we just never got around to the conversation. I know he will eventually want an heir for the next Alpha of the pack, but that will be years away. Will he be happy?

I am so lost in think, I almost don't hear the sound of the floorboards creak behind me until I hear the familiar voice talk to me, "Ellie."

I turn to face my gorgeous mate with my smile still cracking on my face, "Axton, I thought you had already left for the bonfire with Walker. What are you still doing here?"

"We need to talk."

"Alright. What's up?" I asks him as I take a step forward, but my foot falters as I look at his angelic face. He isn't looking at me with love in his eyes. He almost sneers my way when I try to move. It's as if he doesn't feel our bond, as if he hates me, "What's going on? Axton, what's wrong?"