Chapter 25

Axton POV

It's been over two weeks since Ellie's attack and there has been no sign of Cortez or any of his rogues. The pack is still on high alert as the warriors train harder in preparations for a fight. We all know it is coming. We just don't know when.

I have spent every moment lately with my family. I am completely enrapt in my daughter. I had missed so much of her life so far. I never had got to see her first steps, or hear her first words, or even take her to her first day of school. But I know that I will be there for every first she still has.

I will be there when she gets her license, when she falls in love, when she goes off to college. As I watch my little girl so focused on her games, I promise myself that I will be there for the rest of her life. To watch her grow, to see her future, and I will have Ellie right beside me through it all. My perfect mate.

"What are you thinking about?" Ellie whispers to me as she places a light kiss on my cheek.

I pull myself away from my thoughts as I look back down to her and give her a light smile, "The future," she gives me a confused look before I continue, "Our future, our daughter's."

Her face lights up in a smile, "I love you."

"I love you too," I tell her, kissing her lightly. I pull her closer to me on the couch as we both just sit in comfortable silence before Walker and Sawyer come bursting through the door.

"I didn't say that!" he yells to her, his voice almost pleading.

"Well it's what you meant," she counters back at him.

"No, it's not."

"What is going on?" I shout. Knox growls in the back of my mind at our interrupted time with our mate and daughter.

Ellie and Sawyer stare at each other for a second before Ellie pushes herself out of my arms and wraps Sawyer into a hug. Sawyer squeezes her back like her life depends on it as Ellie turns to Walker.

"You are an idiot, Jason Walker" she growls out.

Walker stand there in shock as he watches his mate and mine, "What did I say that is so bad?"

"Why don't you think about it for a while and we'll see what you come up with," Ellie snaps as she takes Sawyer upstairs.

We watch them retreat before I turn to Walker, "What did you say to Sawyer? I have never heard Ellie use your full name."

He shakes his head in confusion, "I have no idea. We were fine."

"Well, what were you talking about when she got angry with you?" I ask him as Zea jumps onto the seat next to me to be a part of the conversation.

"We were just talking like we always do. I asked about her day and we talked about her training with the pups when she just snaps at me and starts crying. Then she got angry. I don't know what I did wrong," he explains to me.

Why would Sawyer get upset with him? I think to myself.

What did he say about pups? Knox comments. Oh god, that explains why Ellie is just as pissed now.

"Walker, what did you say about the pups?" I ask him.

"I don't know. She asked how I feel when I train the pups and I told her the truth. That I hated training, which she knows, and then she freaked out on me. Asked if that meant I don't like pups and stormed out. I don't understand what I said that made her think that or made her so angry," he says.

I shake my head at him as even I know he made a colossal mistake, "Walker, by chance did Sawyer ask you about the pups because she wants to know how you feel about having kids?" I ask him, trying to nudge him there.