dean winchester || first textual experience pt. 3

|| edited

     "So get this," Sam says to you and Dean as your trio leaves the local library and head to the car. You and Dean share a knowing smile at his brother's calculated phrase.

     "Yeah?" Dean asks, turning his head from you to Sam.

     "There was this girl, Myra Anderson, who died here in 1987."

     "Okay," says Dean impatiently. "And?"

     "And she killed herself. Used a razor and cut up her skin, kinda just slowly mutilated herself, actually. Sound familiar?"

     "Well, why'd she kill herself?" you press

     Sam hesitates. "It's kind of... extreme."

     Dean butts in, frustration lacing his tone. "Whatever, Sammy, why'd the girl decide to off herself?"

    "According to the suicide note, she loved this guy from afar; apparently the guy loved her too, but never said anything either. Then he died in some freak accident, and one of the guy's friends told her how he had felt. She was so devastated after that she decided to kill herself to be with him."

     Dean scoffs. "Guess that part didn't work out. Now she's stuck here."

     "I don't know," you say uncertainly. "Just because there's a mutilation involved doesn't mean that this girl is our ghost."

     "Well," Sam admits as you approach the Impala, "we don't know exactly. Yet. So far the only connections are the girls and how they were killed. But if we go talk to that David Abrams kid, he can give us more information to work with."

     Dean swings open the front door to the Impala and looks from you to Sam. "Well, then let's go track him down."