crowley || canon

|| not edited

This is the 66th chapter. I figured I might as well make it about the King of Hell, lol.

"Oh my God, they're here!"

You feel your face begin to warm up when every head at the convention simultaneously whips around. All eyes are on you, Dean, Sam, Cas, and Crowley, and it's not the most pleasant feeling.

Your entourage begins walking again, and the crowd parts like the Red Sea.

You uneasily eye a fan sporting a shirt with your name on it. You feel microscopic, like an exhibit. 

"Are you alright?" you hear Crowley's smooth accent in your ear. "It certainly feels odd. I mean, I'm a king, and I've never been worshipped like this." His eyes travel to a group of teenage girls dressed in formal suits, similar to the ones that Crowley wears.

Your lips turn upwards into a smile. You can always count on Crowley to lift your mood.

"So where are we supposed to be going?" Dean asks Sam.

"Oh my God, I love his voice!" a girl screams from the crowd. A whole chorus of shrieks joins in and Dean's eyes widen.

"Why did we even agree to come here in the first place?"

Sam spoke in a low voice. "The Ghostfacers' show took off, and the episodes with us in them were the most popular ones. Plus, The Supernatural books have been getting more and more popular lately. The con reached out to us to make an appearance, and I figured we could use a couple extra bucks. Besides, how bad could it be?"

"I love you, Sam!" bellows a man in the crowd.

Sam's face turns red as you, Crowley, and Dean smirk at him.

Cas, on the other hand, smiles in the direction of the voice. "That's the kindest compliment I've heard in a while." He set his arm on Sam's shoulder. "Congratulations, Sam. You must feel wonderful."

Before Sam can respond, the crowd begins to scream again.

"It's Sastiel in the purest form!" 

"It's finally canon!"

"My ship is sailing!"

Sam glances over his shoulder, fear in his eyes.

You bite back a giggle. Although it's not the ideal situation, at least it's proving to be a little fun. Your eyes wander to Crowley and you see him smiling as well. His eyes meet yours and his grin widens. So does yours, and you feel the overwhelming urge to take his hand.

But then you remember what happened to Sam and Cas, and your smile fades a bit.

You break your gaze with him and pin your arms to your sides.

-|-

Surprisingly, the panel you were scheduled for was turning out to be very fun.

Yes, it's creepy that your lives have been put on display for these people, but a part of you feels... loved. You feel a little guilty for it, and you feel like you're all five just grasping for attention, but at this point, the good outweighs the guilt you're feeling. You have so few good things in your life, and this gathering feels... good. It doesn't feel dark, like most of your life does.

So you all happily answer questions at the panel, and most of them are fun. There are a few uncomfortable questions thrown into the mix by some superfans (such as, to Dean, "Do you ever think about going back to Lisa?" or to Sam, "What was being possessed like?"), but for the most part, you all enjoy yourselves.

"I have a question for (Y/N) and Crowley?" says a little girl, holding the microphone steadily in both hands.

Everyone in the room coos over her and you and Crowley exchange a smile. You then turn to the girl. "What is it, sweetie?"

The girl grins, revealing a missing front tooth. "Are you and Crowley really in love?"

Your jaw drops, as does Crowley's. The Winchesters exchange hoots of laughter, while the crowd sings, "ooh!" 

Cas looks at the two of you, hurt. "Why didn't you tell me?"

You open your mouth to answer, but nothing comes out. 

Crowley beats you to the punch. "Well, I am."

The crowd shrieks, and your face flushes. Everyone looks to you for a reaction.

You fumble with the mic, trying to bring it to your mouth, but your nerves getting in the way. Your nervous eyes meet Crowley's, and the fear begins to ebb away.

Finding your voice, you announce, "I am, too."

And you had thought the crowd was wild before.  You've never seen so many people excited for a couple that they've never personally met. It's touching, and your smile can only grow.

You glance to the seat next to you, where Crowley sits.

You feel the overwhelming urge to take his hand.

And you do.