[ijashanaa] dean winchester || too much

|| not edited

"Does anyone want coffee?" Sam asks, walking towards the mini-fridge in your motel room.

"Me," you yawn into your bowl of Honey Nut Cheerios. "Definitely me."

Sam nods and punches a few buttons on the coffee machine, then pulling the cream out of the fridge.

"What about you, Dean?"

Dean walks into the kitchen and throws today's newspaper onto the table before you. He saunters over to the counter and picks up a blueberry muffin, taking a huge bite and spitting crumbs out when he speaks. A normal person wouldn't find it adorable, but you do. Because you have a hopeless crush on him. "Yup. I always take coffee before a hunt."

"You found one?" you ask, pulling the newspaper towards you.

Dean nods the affirmative. "Yup. Look at page 2b."

You comply with him and scan the page. "Woah. Brutal death. Think it could be a werewolf?"

"That's exactly what I think it is," counters Dean, sitting in the chair next to you.

Sam turns around and looks at you with his wide puppy eyes. "How do you like your coffee?"

You smirk. Sometimes the younger boy just made it too easy for you. "The way I like my men. Hot, which rules out the Winchesters."

Sam rolls his eyes and Dean cuffs the back of your head as you laugh to yourself. "Oh, come on, I'm hilarious."

Sam nods his head and brings you your coffee, along with the appropriate creamers and sugar packs, leaving you to flavor it yourself. "You're funnier than Dean, that's for sure."

Dean looks up at Sam, his cheeks swollen, they're so filled with muffin. "What is this, dump on Dean day?" he asks, his voice muffled from the cake.

You giggle. "If you really want it to be."

He cuffs you on the back of the head again and finishes his muffin. "I'll start loadin' up Baby. Be showered, checked out, and outside in twenty minutes."

You nod. "Got it." Dean smiles with satisfaction and leaves the motel room.

-|-

The car ride is silent, save for your and Dean's singing along to the cassette that he has chosen for this trip, until hour four.

"Is this going to be hard for you?" Dean asks Sam. Your eyes widen. No. He is not bringing this up.

Sam shoots him a confused look. "Why?"

Dean chuckles. "Remember Madison? Never sleep with the enemy, Sammy." You bury your face in your hands. Why is Dean so stupid?

Sam's nostrils flare. "Why was it necessary for you to bring that up?"

Dean's smile fades. "I don't know, just making a joke. It was years ago, Sam. Didn't think you'd still be touchy about it."

Sam laughs sarcastically. "No, I totally get it. Why would I be touchy about it? Oh, Dean, by the way, I don't think you should sleep with anyone while we're here, because then you'd have to leave them behind, just like you did Lisa and Ben."

You cringe, not only because it was a low blow on Sam's part, but because you hate Lisa. And something that made you hate her more is the fact that you hate her without reason. It's not her fault that Dean's hopelessly in love with her.

"That's different," Dean growls at his brother. "And you know it."

"I'm sorry, how is it different? It was years ago, after all," says Sam, his voice dripping with antipathy. He shoots daggers at Dean with his challenging stare.