dean winchester || first textual experience pt. 8

|| edited

     "What's that noise on your line?" Dean asks. "Is it raining over there?"

     You glance out the window and at the rain beating against it. The wind wraps around the building, causing horrible high-pitched howls. "Yeah. It's really bad. Is it raining where you are?"

     "It's drizzling," Dean says. "I can barely hear you over the wind on your side, though."

     "Yeah," you say, biting your bottom lip. As the storm gets worse, a knot begins to tie itself in your stomach. "It's bad."

     There are a few more moments of silence between you, the only noises being the both of your breathing and an AC/DC song playing quietly from Dean's radio.

     "Dean?" you ask uneasily.

     "Yeah?" he says, he voice laced with concern.

     "Do you feel a sense of déjà vu right now?"

     Dean pauses. "Yeah. Yeah, I do."

     You furrow your brows. "I wonder why." You rise from the bed and walk over to the window. You gaze down at the ground floor and see Dean walking towards the building. The sight of him makes you smile; you knock gently on the window and wiggle your fingers in a tiny wave.

     "Hi there," you say in a soft voice.

     "What?" sounds Dean's voice from the phone. You cock your head in confusion and squint your eyes. Even though he just spoke, you don't think you saw his mouth moving downstairs. Suddenly, your blood begins to run cold.

     "Dean?" you ask, fear creeping into your voice. "Where are you?"

     "About two minutes until I get back. Why?"

     "Oh God," you gasp, bringing your free hand to your mouth.

     Dean's voice is filled with urgency. "What is it, (Y/N)?"

     "It's here," you whisper.