castiel || "trust me, they'll be hard on you"

|| not edited

I don't even know what I'm writing at this point

"Wait. So lemme get this straight." Dean furrows his eyebrow at you and Castiel. "You," he points at Cas, "are screwing my baby sister?" He points to Cas.

A blush dusts Cas's cheeks but you smile mischievously. "Among other things."

Dean exchanges a stern look with Sam. "You know what this means."

Sam folds his arms and nods. "I know exactly what this means."

You told Cas going into this situation that Dean and Sam were going to be the protective older brothers they were when they found out that you and Cas were dating. 

"Trust me, they'll be hard on you," you had told him. You explained to him that they'd try to scare him away and that you both had to remain strong and confident. But with the death glares that Sam and Dean were shooting at the both of you, your confidence was already beginning to waver and you knew it would only be a matter of time until your demeanor faltered as well.

Dean opens his mouth and you brace yourself for scary big talk, but what comes out surprises you. "I can see what's happening."

"What?" asks Sam, confused.

"And they don't have a clue," continued Dean, looking up at Sam and shaking his head reproachfully.

"Who?" asks Sam, cocking his head.

You're not sure what the hell your brothers are doing, but it's freaking you out.

"They fall in love, and here's the bottom line," Dean sighs. "Our trio's down to two."

Sam lets out a remorseful, "Oh."

This whole exchange sounds familiar; the déjà vu is driving you insane.

"The sweet carress of twilight," Dean sings, waving his arms through the air. What is this act from? "There's magic everywhere... And with all this romantic atmosphere..." The wistfulness in his voice disappears and he stops dancing. His face and voice harden at the next line. "Disaster's in the aiiiirrrr!"

Oh.

God.

You know what they're doing.

"CaaaAAAaaan you feeeeel the luuuuv tonIGHT?" Sam sings in falsetto.

"Stop!" you cry. This can't be happening.

"The peace the evening briiingsss..." your older brother continues, twirling in a circle.

Cas looks at you, amazingly confused. "(Y/N)? Is this something humans do?"

You face-palm. "Not normally." You spread your fingers so that you can see what your idiotic brothers will do next.

"The world for once," Sam sings dreamily, moving his arms slowly and fluidly. "In peerrrFECT harmony! With all its living things..."

You turn to face the direction of Dean's voice. You see your oldest brother standing at your boyfriend's side and you groan.

"So many things to tell her," Dean sings into Cas's ear, resting his hands on the angel's shoulder. "But how to make her see? The truth about my past? Impossible. She'd turn away from me..."

You jump at the sound of Sam's falsetto singing voice in your ear. "He's holding back, he's hiding..." Sam grips your shoulder and you look at him nervously out of the corner of your eye. His eyes are closed as he sings, and you can tell that he gets really into it. Almost as much as Dean does. "But  what, I can't deciiide... Why won't he be the king I know he is? The king I see inside..."

He and Dean fall back from you and Castiel's sides. You and Cas immediately whip around. They're like a train wreck that you can't look away from. Dean and Sam stand next to each other. They grip each other's hands and spin in circles, harmonizing. "CaaAAaan you feeeel the luuuuv tonIGHT?"

You wrinkle your nose. "Did you nerds rehearse this?"

Dean nods eagerly as they break apart and each pretend to dive in opposite directions, resembling synchronized swimmers of some sort. "The peace the evenING BRINGSSSS? The world, for ONCE, in PER-FECT harmony... with ALLLL its living things..."

Dean and Sam squat and begin shimmying with their shoulders, jumping (still in the squat) closer to each other until they were back to back. Shimmy forward, come back up. Repeat. They'd obviously practice a lot, and watched The Lion King one too many times. 

"CaaAAaan you feeeel the luuvv tonight? You needn't LOOK TOOooOO FARRRR... Stealing through the nIGHT'S UNCERTANTies, love is WHERE THEY arrreee..."

"I thought you said they were going to be hard on me," Cas whispers in your ear, looking at the boys with a look of sheer horror on his face. 

"I was wrong," you admit, taking his hand in yours and squeezing it as Dean makes eye contact with you. He shimmied up and down, still staring into your eyes. He was enjoying this too much, and you couldn't tell if he was more enjoying the part about embarrassing you or the part about dancing. "They're going to be hard on me."