dean winchester || plain old

|| not edited

There was s a little sleepy town in Oregon, one that no one but the locals could recall the name of. One of those boringly rural Northwestern towns full of plain old people who drove their plain old cars to their plain old jobs. And at five in the afternoon, they would all hop back into their plain old cars and drove back to their plain old homes to have a nice dinner with their plain old family.

This town was excruciatingly boring.

And none of the citizens seemed to notice this. None of them, save for young (Y/N). She was always different, because she had aspirations. (Y/N) craved change. Adventure. 

(Y/N) knew that the best thing for her to do was get out.

And (Y/N) knew, the moment that she saw the shiny, black, non-plain and non-old Chevy Impala pull in the parking lot of the diner she worked at, that her time to escape was coming.

Her heart raced as she watched two attractive men climb out of the vehicle, dressed in windbreakers and jeans and flannel, their faces rugged and different then anything she'd ever seen.

And her face flushed when they seated themselves in the corner of the diner, the section of the joint that she always served.

And butterflies fluttered throughout her chest when the man with intriguing green eyes smiled at her, thanked her for the coffee, and called her sweetheart.

And she smiled when she heard the taller man call the green-eyed "Dean", because that name was so handsome and suitable for the man with the haggard and freckled face and bright green eyes.

The green eyes seemed to burn through her. They seemed to be able to see every bit of her, squeeze through every crevice, and they knew everything about her, her rights, her wrongs. And she didn't care, because those intriguing green eyes weren't plain or old.

They were new. Fresh.

Green.

And she was beginning to love them.

And something in her knew that this was it, that this interesting car, that these interesting men, that this Dean were going to be the ones to help her escape.

And she decided that she was in love, with all of it, with the car, with the men, with the idea of running away with them, the idea of Dean.

She was in love with it all, with them both, and she hadn't even said a word to them yet.