Chapter 34.

I couldn't wipe the stupid grin off of my face as I stared across the way to his perfect smile. "Me? Lost?" I asked playfully. "You must have me confused with someone else."

I gasped as suddenly he was inches from me, his cold hands on both sides of my face. "I've dreamt of this perfect face every single second over the last two months." He whispered with rain dripping from his long eyelashes.

"They tried to make me leave." I said reaching my hands up behind his neck and pulling him down to me urgently. "They thought you were dead." I sighed, pressing my forehead to his.

He sighed too, his hands shaking slightly. "What about you, though?" He asked. "What did you think?" His voice was a murmur.

I shook my head slightly. "I didn't believe them." I promised. "If you'd come one day later I'd have been gone already, though." I told him. "Pedro was afraid for me to stay any longer, and he was going to force me to go tomorrow."

Calvin looked deeply into my eyes, then lowered his hands down to hook behind my knees, lifting me up to hold me in his arms with my legs wrapped around his waist. "I would have come to get you." He whispered seriously as I giggled slightly. "Through broad daylight I would have tracked you down." He said. "Nothing could have kept me from you, Rachel."

"I love you so much, Calvin." I said grabbing his face, kissing him hard, then wrapping my arms around his neck as we gasped for air between our hungry kisses.

He held me tightly against his body, pulling his face away from mine slightly. "I have to get you back to our room." He grunted. "Right. Now." He murmured as I kissed down the length of his neck.

"No." I whispered against his skin. "Here." I said leaning back to smile at him.

He looked bewildered, his hair a wet mess, and he chuckled, that musical laugh I hadn't even realized I'd missed so much. "Who are you and what have you done with my sweet, innocent wife?" He joked.

I winked. "I want you now." I said confidently. "You abandoned me on our wedding night." I reminded him. "You owe me." I said grabbing his face again, kissing him.

He pulled away after a second. "I don't want you to ruin your beautiful dress." He laughed and I rolled my eyes at him.

"Since when do you care about ruining my nice dresses?" I asked.

Finally he gave in, laying me down on the wet ground, and pulling off his jacket to tuck beneath my head before he finally gave me what I wanted.

An hour later the rain finally stopped, leaving behind a light fog that surrounded us where we laid naked in the garden, my head resting on his chest. "I missed you so much." He whispered, leaning his head over to kiss mine. The sky above us was beginning to lighten, and he sighed rolling over on top of me, looking down at my face. "We better get in." He smiled at me, weakly.

We got up and redressed in our damp and muddy clothes, and as we walked hand in hand to the elevator, I was glad that we didn't pass any people looking as crazy as we both do. I clung to his arm, afraid if I let go that he might disappear or I'll wake up and this will all have been a dream.

In the bright light of the elevator I turned to see him well for the first time. Aside from the dirtiness that he'd just acquired on his clothes, I noticed that there was blood smeared across his white shirt in places, looking pinker now that his shirt had gotten so wet, and there were also little holes and tears across the shoulders. I peeked up at his face and I saw the way he was staring blankly ahead at the doors, his eyes seeming so distant.