(1) Hows your burger?

Word count- 1811
It is my first day at a new school, I'm almost ready, I look in the mirror and smile everything looks- wait! I grab the small lipstick on my table and smear it perfectly on my lips. It's my favorite lipstick, bright red. It's basically my signature look. I grab my book bag off of the chair and sprint down the stairs I yell, "I'm leaving for school!"

My mom was in the kitchen she yells, "Amelia Jacobsen! Your gonna be late!" I don't answer as I push the door open quickly, sorry mom no time! I'm kinda always late I can't help it, it's a curse! I slide into my car and pull out quickly from my driveway, late on my first day. Great first impression.

0000000000000000000000000000

I pull into the students parking section and park kinda sloppily in an open space. I swing my bag over my shoulder and start sprinting towards the school doors. My heels clicking loudly as my heavy feet pound the ground. I get close and see the principal standing on the other side of the doors. I stop my run, and straighten out my outfit, keep it classy.

I push open the doors, good thing my mom and me already toured the school so I know where I'm going. The principal was an older man with a scruffy gray beard, and round glasses. He needs to shave, someone could lose their keys in his beard! He looks at me and gives me a welcoming smile he says, "hello Amelia, it's nice to see you again." Me being the awkward person I am I say, "right back at you dude- I mean sir!"

He chuckles deeply, honestly it was kinda creepy. He says, "seems your a little late, do you know what time school starts?" I thought he was being sarcastic but the stone look on his face made me think other wise. I say, "ya um, Sorry I over slept." He nods and says, "today won't count, but if you get 3 I excused tardy's you will have detention."

I say, "duly noted." He gives me a skeptical look and says, "well you know your way I hope, I just came to greet you." I nod at him not trusting my mouth to not say something sarcastic. He gives me a short nod and says, "yes well, welcome to Chilean High. We are glad to have you." I say, "ya I'm glad to be here." Lies, lies, lies!

He turns and walk the other direction and I say, "room 214 here I come."

I walk down the hall towards the room I remembered as biology. I hurry so I won't be any later than I already am. I arrive at the plain brown door and swing it open. The lady in maybe her mid 40's stops talking and looks at me quickly. She wore a tight pink dress, but her being a little on the heavy side made her look like a chewed up piece of bubblegum.

I look down at my schedule to figure out her name. I say, "um hi Mrs. Thumbtack, I'm Amelia the new student." Seriously if I had the last name thumbtack I would get it changed! She clears her throat and says, "yes, you can take a seat next to Milly. Milly raise your hand." A blonde girl raises her hand. I walk over to her, I felt everyone watching me. It was freaking me out.

Mrs. Thumbtack says, "well Milly, introduce yourself!" Milly had pretty blue eyes, and very long and beautiful eyelashes. She was very pretty, but also seemed kinda shy. She says, "hi I'm Milly." I smile at her and say, "the names Amelia, But friends call me Mia." She says, "cool." She looks at the mysterious liquid sitting in front of us. The teacher says, "now Milly please fill her in on the experiment we have today!"

Mrs. Thumbtack goes back to teaching the rest do the students, and Milly starts very thoroughly explaining the experiment. I wasn't really listening to her though, I reach my finger into the tube ready to touch the liquid. But Milly gasps and snatches my hand away she says, "did you not hear me?! That's acid! Do you want to burn a hole through your finger?!"

I feel like a child getting a scolded by her mother, I reply "no... It was just a pretty shade of blue so I wanted to touch it." She shakes her head at me, but I don't miss the small smile playing on her lips.