(2) The hunger games at its best

I was now in gym class, lucky me Its the last class of the day! And I managed to avoid River the whole day! Go me! Ya but seriously, everyone is talking about what I did. Many told me how I would be dead by tomorrow, and most girls told me how they couldn't believe I would turn him down.

It's been the talk of the school, I honestly hate it. I wish I could control my temper... I walk out of the changing room, with my Nike shorts and tennis shoes, and my under armor shirt. I tie my hair up in a high pony tail and look around my heart drops... It's him...

River was talking to two extremely hot guys, he looked pretty upset. Maybe something else happened and that's what he's mad at!  That's highly unlikely Amelia. I see Milly and run over to her, this was the only class she had with Shawn besides lunch. So I hide behind her and Shawn. The gym teacher says, "alright class it seems we have a new girl today!"

Oh god no. Please don't do this to me! I'm such a good person! I don't deserve death! The gym teacher continues, "so where is the new girl?!" Shawn and Milly step apart revealing me. Everyone looks at me, including river. His icy hot glare falls on me and I gulp. I say, "um hi?" The gym teacher says, "now since we have a new arrival we will play a nice easy game of Matt ball!"

Everyone cheers and Looks back, and forth between me and River. Shawn explain while everyone is setting up. He says, "so basically we run around the gym and hide behind matts while 10 people throw dodgeballs at us, but they have to stay in the circle. If you get hit you stand on the wall." I nod, this would be more enjoyable for me if I wasn't worried that River was gonna MURDER ME!

Once they set up the giant mats the gym teacher says, "Clarissa, Marcus, Tyler, Olivia, Steven, George, Lena, Gracie, Shawn, Kate get in the circle!" At least I have Milly!

Milly pulls me to the opposite side of the room to stay away from River. She says, "are you a fast runner?" I nod, "very fast." She says, "good. Because he's the fastest kid in this class, and he's never gotten out before." My eyes widen and fear rises inside of me. I say, "your fast right Milly?" She shrugs, "I am, but I always get out when shawns in the middle."

I say, "great, so it's run from River and dodgeballs." She scratches the back of her neck and says, "and his goons." I say, "what?!" She points to the other boys who were glaring at me next to River. " I say, "I'm screwed. Those guys are built like sky scrapers!" She says, "that ones Trenton, and Marcus is in the circle." Some random guy pats me on the back and says, "good luck, your gonna need it." He jogs away.

The gym teacher blows the whistle and River and his friend come barreling towards me! I dart off in the opposite direction. Balls fly at me from Marcus!

This is like the hunger games!

A ball comes right for my chest so I drop to the ground, it barely missed and I get up quickly and sprint forward. River was coming at me and his friend was trying to corner me! Another ball comes and I duck. I keep going but Trenton and River get me in the corner. I back up and River says, "there's no where to run-" I slide right through his legs surprising him.

I get up and bolt Milly gets hit in the chest with a ball and gives me a sorry look before walking to the wall. Hey! If I get hit I can go to the wall! I stand absolutely still and wait to be hit.

Just as expected a ball comes and hits me right in the head. My head whips backwards and I jog to the wall. River must have noticed my plan because he stands still and when no one throws the ball at him he yells, "HIT ME!" Everyone gets scared by his thundering voice and balls fly at him from all angles. I hate my life.

He walks over to the wall I'm on and stands next to me with his arms crossed over his chest. I laugh nervously, "hey buddy opal!" He gives me a death glare and I stop laughing. He grabs my arm roughly and starts dragging me somewhere I say, "I'd let go if I were you!" He continues to drag me I raise my knee and hit him in his groin.

He falls to the ground clutching his junk. WHAT THE HELLS YOUR PROBLEM AMELIA?! Everyone in the gym looks even the gym teacher. He says, "run." I say, "what?" He starts getting up and he says, "run."

He didn't have to tell me twice! I kick it into fast drive and bolt out of the room.

I get out of the front door before I was tackled to the ground by the skyscraper Marcus. I make a *umf* noise. I say, "get off of me! Your like 508 pounds!" He gives me a questioning face and says, "508?" I say, "8 is my favorite number." He nods then gets up and heaves me to my feet. He grabs my arms and starts pulling me somewhere.

I say, "let go before I kick you in your junk!" He huffs annoyed and bends down, he throws me over his shoulder like a sack of potatoes. I huff and put my elbows on his back and my head rests on my hands. I say, "was this really necessary?" He says, "do you know how bad it hurts to get kicked in the-" I say, "the next thing that comes out of your mouth better be junk!"

He laughs a little and continues walking. When I'm sat down, we are in a janitors closet. It was pretty big in here actually! The door suddenly opens and in walks Trenton and River.

River says, "well, well look who we have here!" I say, "I wonder if it Miley Cyrus?!" Ok sarcasm is probably not the best thing for me right now. He glares at me and says, "if I were you I'd just keep your mouth shut." I decide to purposely annoy him, "then how will I breath?" He says, "your nose idiot." I say, "what if I had to get surgery on my nose 4 years ago and can't breath out of it anymore?" He looks at me surprised, "you did?" I laugh, "oh my god your so gullible!"

He says, "didn't I tell you to shut the hell up?!" I tap my chin pretending to. Think, "no I believe you told me to keep my mouth shut, and I asked how would I breath, and then you said-" he cuts me off, "shut the fuck up!" I sit quietly. He says, "you come into my school-" I cut him off, "actually it's the principles bosses school." He glares at me and continues, "you come into my school, deny me-" I say, "you really should have expected that."

He sighs deeply and says, "you come into my school, deny me, smash a burger in my face-!" I cut him off again, "which was hilarious might I add." He finally gets fed up and yells, "NO YOU MAY NOT ADD!" Trenton and Marcus stifle their laughter. I hold my hands up in surrender, "geez you could have just asked!"

He glares at me, "you have some audacity little girl!" I say, "awe what happened to babe and sweetheart? Or was that just for when you were trying to get in my pants?" He says, "if this girl does not shut the fuck up I'm gonna-" I cut him off again, "your gonna what?" He says, "that's it." He pushes both Marcus and Trenton out of the janitors closet. I get up and run to the door realizing why he's doing.

He slips out and slams the door shut I bang against it and try and twist the knob. He locked it.

0000000000000000000000000000

I've been sitting in this closet for hours. Schools out so no one could hear me yell! What an asshole! Suddenly I hear a ringing noise I feel vibrating in my pocket. Your kidding right.

I pull out my phone desperately

(A-Amelia M-Mom)

M-Amelia where are you?!

A- hey mom... I kinda accidentally locked myself in a janitors closet at school.. Can you like come save me?

M-Amelia! How did you manage to do that?!

A-well I thought it was a bathroom, and walk in but then the door closed and it locked. I forgot I had my phone until now...

M-your such an airhead. I'm on my way, which closet?

A-it's the outside one!

M-I'll be there in 10 minutes.

0000000000000000000000000000

Turns out I had been there for 4 hours after school! My mother chastised me about my stupidity, if only she knew... I was walking up my new street, just getting to know the area a little better.

It was getting dark out, I see a house up ahead with flashing lights and blaring music. A party! I quicken my pace, here comes the party crasher.