Story Time

Once Christian dropped off Milly, we started our way towards my house. "Take this right" He nods, and turns onto my road. "So, why are you on probation?" I sigh, "Why do you ask?" He thinks for a moment then replies, "I want to understand you. I like the idea of knowing you. You're a very mysterious person Amelia, I like mysteries." I say, "If you tell me why you moved, I'll tell you why I'm on probation." His face darkens.

"Fine. Want the long story or the short?" He pulls up to my house, and I say "You can hang out at my house for a while if you want, then you can tell me the long story." He nods, and we get out of the car. My mom was not home. I swing the door open, and we both walk in. He looks around amazed. "Damn Mia."

I snort, "Ya, pretty big right." He nods, and I show him to my room. We walk in and plop on my bed. He says, "Ok well, it was a dark and stormy night-"

I lightly punch him in the arm, we both chuckle.

"Fine. You're no fun. Alright so I guess I should start from the beginning. Well my mom, and dad got in a car accident. My mom was killed, you've probably heard the cliché stories about the dad blaming the son and getting drunk. Beating the kid up right?" I nod.

"Well where my story differentiates from the cliché ones is the fact that my father was never drunk. My father has extreme bipolar disorders. He'd be fine one second then crazy. For most people the moods last for a couple of days then change. For my father it would be like the snap of your fingers. He kept it hidden from everyone though, he did not want to be in some kind of physiatrist hospital. So my mom always helped him hide the crazy. Well one night I got brave enough to stand up to him. He was in a generally good mood, I told him that I thought he killed my mother on purpose. I told him that I believed he had a mood swing, and crashed his car into another car. To kill him, and my mother. He had a mood swing. He became evil. I had never seen him act this way, it was sinister. He told me about her screams. He told me how she begged him to help her out of the car. He told me he liked it, and then grabbed a knife from the knife block. I had to defend myself. He attacked me, gave me this scar."

He lifts his shirt to reveal a large gash below his ribs, I gasp. It must have been really deep to leave such a giant scar. He lowers his shirt, I only now realize tears pour from his eyes.

He continues, "I got a vase, and smashed it over his head. I knocked him unconscious. I passed out before from blood loss, apparently my neighbor heard my screams. She called the cops. I was barely breathing when they got there. So they took him away, I was put in foster care. That was until I got adopted by this wonderful family. That's why I'm here."

I look down, "Last year I dated this guy, and his name was Andre. He seemed like a good guy, but he was the bad boy at school. He was my first boyfriend. I gave him everything, he was my first time. After we had sex he started getting a little... Mean. My father liked him, especially since his dad was the sheriff. After a while I got tired of how he was treating me, he constantly put me down about everything. I told him that I was breaking up with him. That I would not be treated like I was lesser than him. Well he didn't like that. He took bat from his closet, and hit me repeatedly with it. He broke my leg, I was purple and blue everywhere. Barely recognizable. He left me on the ground in my kitchen.

My father came in drunk at around 2am. I had been falling in and out of consciousness. He saw me and asked what happened, I told him what Andre did. He took me to the hospital. But when they asked what happened he told them that I was jumped in an alley. He didn't want to lose his job for telling on the sheriff's son. He told me if I ever told anyone about what happened that I would have a hell of a lot more to worry about than Andre. So after that he forced me to go, and apologize to Andre.