Part 2: Definition of us: Chapter 5

It was raining outside. Torrents of rain hitting the roof, making it sound like metal cans in a plastic bag, rattling loudly. It was always like this in the town of Tensin, Mississippi. It rained for more than half the year. The residents were used to it. They had other indoor activities planned out for them selves. This was everyone except Katherine.

She felt like a prisoner in her house. She loved the sunshine, the fresh air and the mountains, but she lived in the rainiest  place in the continental US. A place where there was hardly any sunshine. She never understood the reason why she liked the outdoors but she did and that was all that mattered. Right now she sat near the window watching the rain pour down. She didn't realize when she fell into a daydream. No! A memory. A past embedded deep in her mind, that she didn't remember.

It was pouring just like right now, getting dark as the sunset in the distance. Someone was following her and she was trying to run away. She stops, but why? Something lurks in the shadows in front of her. The smell of death found its way into her system and she began to choke. Soon she found her self getting used to it. A fear crept through her body. She looked around trying to find  the source, the place it was hiding. She prayed in her mind for him to come, but he was somewhere else. Stuck somewhere. Oh how she wished she knew where he was. She called to him. "Where are you" she said silently. " I'm near " came the reply faintly. The shadows moved slowly in circles around her. She took a stance which looked a bit like a attack stance but she knew she could do nothing. She had lost her powers in the accident at the cave. The sword of light, which was her source had been stolen by the Karnath. It had been disassembled and hidden. They had to find it, other wise they would not be able to defeat the Devil. One who looked bigger than the rest, stepped forward. A big dog or bear kind of a creature with huge teeth. It had a evil grin on its face.

"Well, well princess. Where is your protector? Dead already?", It said in a nasty snarl, spitting saliva everywhere. A horiible stench of death escaped its mouth as it spoke.

He began to laugh but it sounded more like a metal being rubbed against another metal, hurting the ears. Katherine kept a straight face and tried hard to hide the fear in her eyes.

"Well don't worry. He'll be here. Just have a little patience." She told him. "I hope" She thought.

" We'll see" He smirked.

He was ready to finish the job. He eyed Katherine like a hungry dog looks meat.

"You'll taste good, princess" He told her.

She felt disgusted. She never liked him and now he was just annoying her.

"Just getting it over with, will you??" She told him.

He pounced on her, but from the corner another shadow and took him down. The shernok got up and retreated. All the other shadows followed him. All except one.

This newcomer was bigger then the rest. He stood in front of Katherine and waited until all of them had gone. He turned around to Katherine. He slowly changed into a young man. Beautiful and tanned with grey eyes. He walked over to Katherine and as he did his muscles danced over his body. His dark brown hair fell over his eyes and he removed it slowly. He had a torn pair of pants on.

Katherine ran over to him, holding him tightly. He picked her up and against his bare chest. He checks her over and then holds her tighter again.

She could feel his heartbeat and It felt just like her own.

_______________________________________________________________________________

"Kathy!" Katherine's mother, Judy called for her from the living room.

Katherine's friends were here to take her to the movies. She had completely forgetten about it. She had been daydreaming for so long that she didn't realize it had become so late.

"Hurry up honey.. your friends are already here." She called out to me once again

She got off the bench next to the window and walked towards her cupboard.

She just pulled on the first thing she saw. A pair of denim jeans and her purple hoodie. She literally ran down the stairs trying not to trip on the stairs. As she stumbled down, she saw her friends standing there, looking quite annoyed.

Shyna had her "I dont wait for nobody" look on while, Christine just had  the "Finally"look . Nikki was a bit kind and had the " Yay!! she is here" look.  She quickly put on my black Converse sneakers. Looking apologetic about the late dressup.

" Sorry" She said sweetly to them.

" I think we just missed the whole movie. " Shyna told her sarcastically.

" It's okay... Kathy... Dont mind Shyna .. you know she is a little over the top.  " Nikki consoled her, while rolling her eyes at Shyna.

" I think we should leave now... if we don't wanna miss the movie." Christine said breaking the moment between the three.

" Let's go.... I cant miss the movie.. it is the next big hit..... Bigger than Avengers.!!!" Shyna said hyped.

"I didn't know you even watched Avengers." Katherine commented.

"Ahh... I haven' t... but I do know it was a big hit ..." She replied. She looked around shyly.

"And I'm sure this one will be bigger than that, way bigger!!" she continued

All of them laughed. Shyna was still confused. Christine and Shyna got into Christine's brand new Lambourghini Aventador. Her dad had given it to her for her 18 th birthday. While Nikki and Katherine Got into Katherine's Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Convertible.

Katherine's dad had bought her that and she loved it. She had been into cars since she was a kid, and she loved convertibles. It had a 6.2 litres, V8 engine with 455 horse power which achieved 17 mph in the city and 29mph on the highway.

They arrived just before the movies began. Christine and Shyna ran to get the tickets while Katherine and Nikki went to freshenup. As they were coming out of the loo, she felt someone watching her. She looked around but no one was familliar, or suspicious. She shook the weird feeling away and walked over to her group, and yet she was still jumpy and highly anxious of everyone near her.

While scanning the area, she suddenly see's a glimpse of a reflection of a familliar figure.

Dark brown hair, grey burning eyes, kind of tanned body and a cute shy smile. Nikki turned around at the same time.

"What's wrong" she asked Katherine in a concerned voice. She had seen the look on her face.

"Did you see?" She asked her in a hushed tone. "Did you see him?"

" See who?" Nikki asked her confused. She looked around everywhere searching for something familiar.

Katherine looked back at the mirror. There was no one there.

Nikki looked at the mirror as well, before turning to look at Katherine concerned.

" But how can that be? He was right there" She thought to herself.

"Kathy? Are u okay.? " Her friends asked her.

" Hmm.. Yeah... I'm fine..." She replied." I think I was just day dreaming. "

Her voice went shaky and she looked pale, but kept her cool.they finally entered the movie theatre. In the Darkness she felt  a little calmer and soon she forgot about the event.

______________________________________________________________________________

From the corner of the movie theatre in the shadows, a pair of grey eyes watched the crowd. It moved out of the theatre and into the darkness behind the complex.