Chapter 19

Everything had walked out just as they had planned. They were to leave for the airport at 4 in the afternoon. The road was 4 hours long. Katherine had called Nikki straight after her talk with her parents. She had to get her act straight. She couldn’t weaken at this point, a lot of work remained pending.

Nikki came over as soon as she received Katherine’s call. She didn’t understand the sudden movement but she didn’t question it either. When she came over Katherine was in her room crying.

“Kathy! What’s going on?” She asked worriedly.

“Nikki!” Katherine cried. She hugged her friend tightly.

“Are you okay?” She asked again.

“Yea. But … I’m...” She tried telling Nikki.

“I know. I know. James just told me.” Nikki consoled.

“I just have to go.” Katherine explained.

“It’s okay. Just calm down, Kathy.” Nikki told her.

“I’m going to miss you guys so much.” She told Nikki.

“I know. Me too” Nikki replied. “Anyways, I brought you the clothes you asked for. What are you going to do with my clothes?” She asked cheekily.

Katherine Laughed softly. “It’s for protection” She replied.

“Protection?” Nikki asked in a confused voice.

“Yea. It’s a long story. Maybe some time later.” Katherine told her.

“Okay. Is everything ready?” Nikki asked.

“Yes, everything is ready” Katherine replied.

James came into the room suddenly.

“Oh sorry!” James apologized.

“It’s okay James. We were just saying our goodbyes” Nikki replied.

“Okay then. We are ready to leave. It’s almost 4. Hurry up downstairs you two.” He said softly.

“Okay. We’ll be down in two.” Katherine replied.

James came over and kissed her on her forehead.

“Be quick” He told her.

“Don’t worry. We’ll be quick James.” Nikki teased.

James smiled shyly. He moved out of the room and after a few minutes Nikki and Katherine came downstairs. Katherine was dressed in Nikki’s clothes

James sat next to Judy and Jonathan. A knock on the door silenced everyone. James stood up.

“I’ll see who it is.” James told everyone.

He opened the door and at the door stood Mayor Harold Banks.

“Sir!. You … here?” He asked

“I had some important things to discuss with you James.” Mayor Banks told him.

“Okay. We’ll talk outside.” James replied.

James moved out and closed the door behind him. They sat down in the chairs on the porch.

“Yes Mayor, what is it.” James asked politely.

“Lucifer is about to reach Tensin. You need to leave now” Mayor Advised

“Okay. We were just about to leave. I think we’ll just go now. Thank you for everything, Uncle Harold.” He said innocently.

“It’s my pleasure, Grand Alpha” Mayor replied.