Chapter 18

In the fiery depths of the earth, a dark castle stood alight. In the throne room stood a throne made of pure gold and behind it in the shadows, stood a tall, built and handsome man. His face remained covered by darkness. A servant came up to him and bowed humbly.

“Oh great lord of the Darkness, Lucifer” He bellowed.

“What is it?” the man in the shadows boomed.

“Sire, Mirthesus is here to see you. He says it’s a matter of great urgency.” The servant informed.

“Let him in” He told the servant.

The servant slowly backed away. After a few minutes Mirthesus entered the throne room. Mirthesus was one of the commanders of the legion army that Lucifer had been building. He was the clan leader of the vampires which was now under the command of Lucifer. He was tall attractive man with white hair, blood red eyes and very pale skin. He bowed in front of Lucifer.

“Oh my great lord” Mirthesus praised Lucifer.

“Yes, Mirthesus! What is the important news?” Lucifer asked emotionlessly.

“We have found them” He informed.

“Have you now.” Lucifer said sarcastically.

“Yes sire. They are in Tensin. One of our Shernoks found her scent. This time we got them” Mirthesus told him excitedly.

“Calm down Mirthesus. Don’t underestimate the protector. Where did you say they are?” Lucifer told Mirthesus.

“Tensin, My lord. They are in Tensin” Mirthesus repeated.

“Tensin. Well done Mirthesus. Go get the Armies ready. Tell the commanders that we leave for Tensin tonight. Now go!” Lucifer ordered.

Mirthesus bowed again and moved out of the room swiftly. Lucifer stood in the room alone. He slowly moved in front of the throne and into the light. In the bright light his face showed for the first time after a long period. He looked the same as before but just a bit more ruthless. His beautiful face shined in the moonlight just as his grey eyes did. He brushed away his dark brown hair from his face.

 A dangerous and ruthless smile lit up on his face. He knew that this time it was either him or them.

“It seems we’ll be going home this time.” He smirked to himself.

________________________________________________________________________

 It was almost 12pm. He was still asleep when Katherine woke up. She could remember everything now.

She looked at James fondly. He looked cute when he slept, almost like a small baby. She ran her finger across his cheek softly. After a few minutes she slowly moved out of the bed and put on James’s shirt which lay on the ground. She moved quietly and swiftly to the mirror. Her shoulder was a bit painful but it was better than yesterday.

She examined her shoulder carefully. The only the bite marks remained, the wound had almost healed. She was used to the pain. Every lifetime she got marked, and every time she was marked she remembered her past lifetimes. She was used to it by now.

Usually when a werewolf marked its mate, they mated straight after it. But in certain circumstances they couldn’t mate straight after it and then they had to mate with in two weeks or else the marked one would die. These cases were rare but it did occur sometimes.

She was worried, but not about the mating. She was worried about the hunting and what was to happen when Lucifer caught hold of them. She had nightmares about it throughout her lifetime but this was different then her dreams.