Chapter 7

A Shernok.  Not just any but the one named Jarkah and he was following her, but why? She ran up the middle of a tombstone lined pathway. Somewhere in the distance a howling could be heard. Sad and painful. she continued to  run. She looked back and saw nothing but darkness, but he was close and his stench was closer. She knew she could do nothing but run. It has been one month since she lost all her powers. They had stolen her sword, and with it her powers. The sword of power which only activates with her body heat. But she didn't care about that right now. She was more worried about him. She hadn't seen him the whole day and she had understood that he was in trouble.

" Where are you? " she thought in her mind.

" I'm near" came the reply. It was soft and almost inaudible.

She reached the end and stopped.  She turned around and looked everywhere. She could not see him anywhere. His stench, the smell of death was choking and so she knew he was here. She shifted her head carefully, watching every moving shadow. The silence strangled her and She stood waiting for the storm which was going to arrive. Her breathing becaming faster and she could feel her heart beat against her chest. The wind and the sound of howling stirred the night.

Finally he came out of the shadows and in the moonlight his eyes glowed with hunger and lust. He moved slowly in circles around her.  He paced forward, savouring the fragrance of her blood rushing in her veins. He bared his yellowing teeth and the girl stiffened at the sight.

" Attack already, you filthy mutt!" She said to her self. A spilt second later he did. He pounced on her and knocked her down onto the dirt ground. He stood on top of her grinning a evil and stenchful grin. His saliva dripped from the sides of his mouth and atlast he tasted her flesh. He dug his teeth into her neck and blood dripped down her shirt. He savoured everybit of blood that he could.

" You are tasty, Princess" He said lustfully.

As he feasted upon the body of the Carrier, A new shadow appeared in the background of shadows and took the shernok down with one swift movement of his paw.

 The shernok skidded to a stop against one of the trees. The new shadow claimed the body as his own and stood over it  barring his teeth. His grey eyes glowed with anger and revenge. The shernok retreated and ran off into the woods.

Slowly the shadow changed into a young boy with dark brown hair and glowing grey eyes. His eyes held tears which were threatening to spill out. This beautiful young boy knelt next to the body of the dying young girl and lifted her onto his lap.

" Katherine!..... Kathy... Im sorri..." He whimpered. His tearsflowing down his cheeks like there was no stopping. " Nothing gona happen to you.. You here me . Nathaniel will solve everything....He'll solve everything." He continued.

He gets up to carry the girl to his cousin, but the girl pulls him back to her.

"No.. don't.. stay.. with me. I..I don't have much time. It's over" She told him. pulling him closer.

"No...No.." He cried. He held her, His tears never stopping and it never would.

" I'll be back. You know i will. Wait for me..." She told him.

" Kathy.. " He cried. His heart broke to see her in such a condition and not being able to do anything.

" You always remember.. I love you.. and will always love you." She said softly. " i'll love you..." She said, Her life went and with it the Boy fell into a deep slumber.

________________________________________________________________________________

Katherine woke up startled. The sun had begun its fight with the dark night. She sat up in her bed . She was sweating even though the temperatures were low. She threw her blanket off and clambered out of her bed. She turned on the lights of her room and looked around. She had felt like there was someone there, but there was no one there.