Chapter 10 - The Potion

The wound still decades the pain. It hurts but it's bearable like getting a permanent tattoo. Mr. Midnight gave me back the recipe to read the instructions, I placed my eyes onto the next recipe below the first one.

"Salt and pepper" I bet I got some over at the kitchen.

I held the paper onto my hands until I paced over to the kitchen placing it down by my side with Mr. Midnight also by my side. I reached my hand to the cabinet to get the salt and pepper onto each hand and sprint back to the abandoned library opening the caps and dumped every single spit of the salt and pepper and tossed both onto the trash can.

"Meow!" Mr. Midnight gave me back the recipe that I usually never had my mind with. I twisted the two caps throwing it from the side making the oxygen smell come out which it disgust my nostrils after I smell it. I slowly dumped the salt and pepper with an evil poker face as I threw the bottles over my shoulder making the glass shatter to pieces from behind and I grabbed the recipe with a bit of blood stains on the corner reading the next one,

"A blue boomed Moonlight rose. You can grow it with moonlight seeds and a glowing water." I looked around the library trailing my eyes looking for my target. Out of the corner of my eye, I see it. I looked over to it and I see over ten small vines growing out of a brown dirt, I paced over to it and picked it up under my palmed hands, but my thoughts were interrupted by the meow of Mr. Midnight.

I looked over to him in attention, he lead me to the water that had that glowing thing. Setting the moonlight rose would be my first Plan A I thought to myself. I walked slowly placing the dirt with vines on top slowly sinking my back hands to the hot water, it didn't burn but I know that the moonlight rose will grow without cold water.

I watched one of the vines grow larger blooming a big blue moonlight rose. It was turquoise and glittered, I was amaze by the look of the rose.

I set my hands onto the vines hooking my bottom fingers to pull it out, but it was very thick. But the weapon coated in blood popped up from my mind, I walked back to the cauldron and picked up my knife walking back to my original position infront of the moonlight rose and had my time to cut the vines slowly and gently making the green vine snap in half with the remaining vines to my hands.

Success! I excitedly thought.

I was nearly done, I let go of the rose making the blue color rest by my blood, and the stains of the salt and pepper. Now, I need the very last ones.

I read the last recipe of the potion making my eyes started to shock wide for a small time.

"Hair you want to bewitch."

I don't usually bother using my hair. I mean, I don't really care.

I looked over at Mr. Midnight's fluffy coated pitch black fur. He pulled out his tail showing it infront of me. It was long and had a lot of fur more than his fur body and back, he mews telling me to cut some of his hair off. Which I turned around to find some three-half inch blue scissors sitting on the coffee table.

I set my bloody knife down beside Mr. Midnight and curled my fingers around the holes of the scissors walking back to Mr. Midnight opening the scissors up and grabbed his tail cutting a few fur out of his tail which he watched and never cared. Even a bite of the bit.

After I set the hair into the cauldron, the last thing we need to do is fill the cauldron with burning hot water. I turned on the sink that was above the cauldron, making the hot water run inside boiling the cauldron taking a deep breath getting myself prepared. Hope my transformation will die and turn back to my real self.

***

The water started to let out a small explode letting out hot steam across the room. It's done!

Mr. Midnight handed me a small cauldron that is two times the size of my head. I dumped the small cauldron letting the liquid going inside the small cauldron as the can started to heat, it nearly burned my hands so I have to be quick.

"Mr. Midnight! Let's go, meow!" I yelled out for him.

I sat on the coffee table by the recipe as Mr. Midnight sat on my lap.

"Close your eyes, Mr. Midnight and hold... your... breath..." I told him. He did what he was told, I did the same thing as also he did. I shifted the cauldron upside down letting the hot water pour onto us, making the steam fill the room, we felt dizzy from the potion until Mr. Midnight and I fell into a comatose.

***

We woke up with the steam vanished. My sight was back to normal, I feel my presence to a normal human being. I got up to my feet slowly running the mirror with a few shards fell out, I look into my face and saw my eyes were back to its original color, my pale skin turned out back as my sharp nails were the original size. I was back to normal.

But since Mr. Midnight popped up to my head, I looked over to the dust spot where he was. But he was gone, but instead my heart dropped by a door creak. I stand my ground as the living thing opened the door. I looked down to expect Mr. Midnight but he was not there...

Instead I saw some shoes spread the room with legs connected. I gasp quietly as I trailed my eyes on top of the human. He had a black long sleeved shirt with red hair and pale light brown skin, my eyes shrunk from the sight of the person I recognize.

"M-M-Mark?!?!"