Chapter 52

"Hi Roger!"

"Hey,Aurelia."

"Hello Leisle!"

"How's it going, Aurelia?"

I walk through the hallways of the Ministry to my supervisor's office. I have a small desk in the corner there and even my own mail tray. It's not much, but for a first year intern, it could be worse.

I walk into the office and wait in front of Luciell's desk until she finishes scrawling out a memo. She looks up once it's gone on its way.

"Finished already?" she asks, surprised.

"Yep," I nod, "and I cleared out your mail tray and sorted it for you. Oh, and I went and saw Richard, he said that he'll drop in tomorrow to talk about the transporting of the Welsh Greens."

"You amaze me," she says, "you've picked everything up so quickly. Well, I guess you're done for the day, I'll see you tomorrow."

I grab my handbag and head down to the lifts. I meet Georgiana in the Atrium and we apparate to Diagon Alley together.

"This place gets emptier every time I'm here," she says as we walk through the Alley, "shall we have a drink in the Leaky Cauldron? The twins won't be finished yet."

"How's work been?" I ask her as we sip on butterbeers.

"It's so busy," Georgiana sighs, "who knew so many people did such stupid things? What about you?"

"It's good, I like it," I say.

"But?"

I laugh.

"But I'd rather be out in the field," I admit.

"I think you should do it," Georgiana says, "go and work with Charlie in Romania! You'd love it!"

"I dunno," I sigh, "I don't want to throw away this opportunity."

"What opportunity?" George asks, appearing with Fred.

"I was just telling Aurelia she should be working in the field, not in an office," Georgiana says.

"She's not wrong," George says. I shake my head.

"How did you go with your results?" I ask Georgiana, "mine came this morning."

"Mine too," she says, "I got four O's, three E's and an A."

"I bet Aurelia got all O's," Fred says. I shake my head.

"I got an E in Arithmancy Advanced," I say.

"Oh no! One E!" Fred pretends to faint, "your life is wasted!"

"I'm going to waste your life if you don't shut up," I laugh.

"Aurelia, why don't you go work in the field?" George says, "Charlie said they're still looking for people to join them, why don't you go?"

"I don't know," I say, "maybe I'll send him a letter..."

George smiles at me.

"I'll be checking with him to make sure you have," he says, "now, come on, you two. Fred and I are making you dinner."

Later that night I'm sitting in my bedroom looking out at the stars. I could go and work with the dragons in Romania, I've always wanted to. But it's so far from George and home. I sigh deeply and lean against the glass. It's been a few months since I finished school. If I was going back, I'd be there by now. Studying away. It was simpler in school.

"Aurelia," Mum steps into my room, "how was work?"

"Good, busy," I say, still looking at the stars.