Chapter 67

I wake early the next morning and drink two big cups off coffee before Georgiana and Tilly come downstairs.

"How're you feeling?" Tilly asks. I look at her with big eyes.

"Yeah," she pats me on the back, "you'll be fine."

"I'll make you breakfast," Georgiana says. I sit down at the kitchen table and hold my head in my hands. Tilly rubs circles on my back and yawns.

"What's the worst that could happen?" she asks, "Fred forgets the rings. We'll make do. Your parents turn up and try to stop the wedding. We'll distract them and you two can elope. You shit yourself. We have magic."

"Thanks," I say, smiling weakly. Georgiana serves breakfast and we eat quickly, then hurry upstairs to brush our teeth before the hair and makeup people arrive.

"You look beautiful," Tilly sighs as the finishing touches are put to my hair and my veil is fixed into place.

"You should wear your hair down more often," Georgiana says, "it suits you."

"Thanks," I say, looking in the mirror. I tried to recreate what George had told me he imagined that night on the hill. I've got my hair in curls tumbling over one shoulder, small white flowers peppered through, set off by the inky black. The veil is a soft, frosty material and my makeup is simple, but a little extra than I would normally do.

The beauticians leave and Georgiana brings my dress out.

"Have you got your lingerie on?" Tilly asks, nudging me. I blush.

"Not yet," I say.

"Go put it on!" she says.

I come down with my lingerie on, covered by a dressing gown.

"Come on, take it off," Tilly says, "you need help getting into your dress, so we'll have to see anyway."

I shyly drop the dressing gown and Tilly wolf whistles.

"Shut up," I tell her, blushing. Georgiana helps me into the dress and she and Tilly lace the back up.

"Oh my goodness," Georgiana's eyes fill with tears. Tilly gives her a side hug and smiles at me.

"You look amazing!" Georgiana sobs. Tilly passes her some tissues.

"Come on, let's get dressed," she says, herding Georgiana upstairs. I walk over to the mirror and look at myself. The dress I picked is a simple, off the shoulders, gown with a handkerchief skirt. I do look beautiful. I sigh. I wish my parents could see me. I hear Tilly and Georgiana coming downstairs and quickly wipe my eyes, trying not to smudge my makeup.

"The car is here," Georgiana announces. She gathers up the boxes with bouquets, shoes and other bits and bobs while Tilly gets my bags for the honeymoon. We climb into the back of the car and I feel the nerves rising. Unfortunately it's a long drive, so I get more and more nervous as we go.

"Here," Tilly says as we get close, "for the nerves."

She hands us each a small bottle of vodka. We cheers and down them.

"Ugh, that's awful," Georgiana says, screwing her face up.

"We're here," I say as we pull onto the road running parallel to the beach, "I'm going to faint."

"Don't you dare," Tilly says, "I'll drown you, I swear."

"You're fine," Georgiana says soothing. We pull up behind the curtain, so no one will see us get out of the car. Ginny pops her head in the window.

"Everyone is here and seated, so we're ready when you are," she says.

"George is definitely here?" I ask. Ginny laughs and kisses me on the cheek.

"That or Fred cloned himself," she says, disappearing.

Tilly helps me out of the car and hands me my bouquet. Georgiana makes sure my hair is sitting right, then we hear the music go on. Tilly winks at me and steps through the curtain.

"Georgiana, I'm scared," I breathe.

"You're fine," she says, "take a few deep breaths. Just look at George. He's why you're here."

I hear her cue and she kisses me quickly, then steps out from behind the curtain, leaving me alone. I briefly consider running away or vomiting all over the ground. I wish my father was here with me. I've forgotten my cue. I've forgotten everything.

But then I'm stepping forward, past the curtain, and I see George. He's smiling and as I watch, wipes away a tear. I feel my face break into a smile and then I'm standing beside him, Georgiana is taking my bouquet and my hands are in his.

"George Weasley, do you take Aurelia Dunmore to be your wife?"

"I do."

"Aurelia Dunmore, do you take George Weasley to be your husband?"

"Yes. I mean, I do."

George laughs at me and squeezes my hands. We manage to get the rings on without a problem and then it's kiss time. George lifts my veil up and pushes it back.

"I love you," he whispers, kissing me. I can hear everyone cheering and whooping, but it sounds forever away.

"I now present the new Mr and Mrs Weasley!"

We're covered by a pattering of rice and George scoops me up, spinning me around.

"Mrs Weasley," he says into my neck, "finally."

"George, it's been like six years."

"Exactly," he says, looking down at me, "and now it'll be a lifetime."

"Several lifetimes, actually," Fred says, clapping his hand on George's back, "welcome to the family."

He gives me a kiss on the cheek, then starts directing people to the cars waiting to take us to the reception venue.

"You two head over when you're ready," he calls with a wink.

"Does he think we're going to strip down and have sex right here?" I laugh.

"Do you want to?"

"George!" I hit him lightly, then turn and look out over the beach, "it's beautiful, isn't it."

"I have eyes only for you."

"You're so cheesy," I say, squeezing him, "come on, let's head over."

We get into the car and the driver pulls out of the lot. We arrive at the venue and I see the decorations all put together for the first time.

"Oh, it's just how I imagined!" I exclaim, "it's so beautiful!"

We walk inside and everyone claps us to our seats. After we've eaten we cut the cake and have our first dance. I've never felt so completely, perfectly happy.

"Time to go," Georgiana whispers to me. I go into the bathroom and she helps me change from my wedding dress into a simple, white dress for travelling. We do a 'farewell' circle where we say goodbye to everyone individually.

"Bouquet!" Tilly exclaims as we're leaving, "you have to throw it!"

I throw the bouquet over my shoulder, then turn and look around. Georgiana is holding it, red-faced and deliberately not looking at Fred.

"I'll make sure it gets back to you," she calls. I wave and George takes my arm as we walk down the stairs.

"Excited?" he asks,  opening the car door for me.

"Yes!" I squeal, "so excited!"

We have a couple of flights, then a long drive to get to the resort, but once we reach it, it's so worth it. The cabins are beautiful, looking out over a lagoon with the beach half a mile away. George wraps his arms around my waist and rests his chin on my shoulder.

"So, Aurelia Weasley," he says, "what shall we do first?"

I turn around and kiss him.

"Mm, good idea," he grins.