Chapter 74

"MUUUM! EDWARD PULLED MY HAIR!"

"I DID NOT!"

I look over at George and sigh.

"All yours," I say, buttering a slice of bread. He closes his eyes for a moment, then leaves the room. A few minutes later Aurora walks in, half her hair in a mess.

"He ruined my hair!" she whines.

"Sweetie, you just need to brush it out," I say gently, "come on, we'll have to leave soon."

"I can't wait," Edward says, walking in.

"Oi," George says warningly, following him in. I pass Aurora her sandwiches and some money for the train.

"Are you all packed?" George asks.

"Of course," she says. She walks out and Edward goes to follow.

"Uh uh, you're staying where I can see you, mister," George says, "plant your butt right there."

"But daaaaad!"

"Zip it," George says, "in fact, go get in the car."

He watches Edward out, then turns to me.

"I think she's nervous," he says.

"I know," I sigh, "I think she's scared of getting in Ravenclaw."

"Why?" George asks, leaning against the door frame.

"Something James said when Ginny was here last week, something about 'real' Weasleys being in Gryffindor," I say, "I tried to tell her it didn't matter, but you know how she is."

"Exactly like her mother," he says, glancing behind him as Aurora descend the stairs, her hair back in place.

"May we please go?" she asks, "I don't want to be late."

"Yep, come on," George says, leading us out to the car.

"If either of you put your hands anywhere other than your laps, I'll make you walk," George warns the kids as we get in the car.

"Ow!" Aurora jerks away from Edward who tries to look innocent.

"Edward," I warn.

"What?"

"You know what," I mutter.

We arrive at the train station and see Harry and Ginny coming to drop James off.

"Ready to be a Ravenclaw?" James teases Aurora. Aurora looks at me, worried.

"What's wrong with Ravenclaw, James?" I ask. He blushes.

"James says that only real Weasleys are in Gryffindor," Lily pipes up.

"Oh, really?" I say, "James Potter said that?"

"James, don't tease Rory," Ginny says.

"You're lucky you can go," Albus says, "I have to wait a whole 'nother year."

"You two should get on the train, it's nearly eleven," Harry says. Aurora throws her arms around me and I hug her tightly.

"Now, remember," I say quickly, "you'll have to meet Dad or I in Hogsmeade once a month to go hunting, okay?"

"I know."

"And don't worry about what house you're in," I say, "it doesn't really matter."

"To some people," James mutters.

"And remember," I say loudly, "you're a vampire and you can tear James' throat out if he annoys you."

Aurora giggles at me.

"Go on," George says, hugging her, "have fun! Get into some trouble for me."

We watch the train pull off, and I notice Edward laughing.

"What's so funny?" I ask him.

"I put two dungbombs in her bag," he says.

"Where did you get- George!"

"I didn't give them to him!"

"You two are impossible," I say, while Harry, Ginny, Albus and Lily laugh, "poor Aurora."

We drive home and I send Edward up to his room, then go up to Aurora's. Everything is perfectly neat and tidy, while I know Edward's looks like a bomb site. Her bookshelf is even ordered by author. I sit down on her bed for a moment, looking around the room. In the last eleven years it's changed so much, but if I look past the furniture, posters and pictures, I can still see the blue fade, the stars on the ceiling and the white carpet that have been here since before she was. George comes to the door to check on me and I wipe my eyes, standing up.

"I can't believe our baby is at school," I say, tears overflowing. George pulls me into a hug and I lean against him.

"Could you ever have imagined, twenty years ago, that we'd have two kids, one at school, you'd be head of Department at the Ministry and we'd have six stores across the UK?" he asks.

"Twenty years ago, I don't even remember that long ago," I sigh.

"Well, we would have just finished school," he says, "Fred and I had the shop, you were setting out to Romania."

"Oh my god, George, you're making me feel old," I say, sinking down onto the bed, "our daughter is on her way to school, our son is... Far too quiet to not be suspicious."

"Just like me as a kid," George says, satisfied. I smile up at him.

"Do you ever wish we had more kids?" he asks, sitting next to me.

"No," I shake my head, "Edward is more work than ten children."

"Lucky Rory is so easy," he says.

"God, George, we were only a few years older than her when we started dating," I say.

"I plan on being equally as terrifying as your father," he says, baring his fangs. I laugh and kiss him on the cheek.

"Will you go and check on your son?" I ask, "I just know something is about to blo-"

And explosion from the next room rattles the house.

"Up," I sigh.

"Muuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmyyyyyyyyyyyyy!"

George and I run into the next room where Edward is lying on the floor, his arm bent at a funny angle. He breaks bones so frequently that we're both experts at fixing them. George whips his wand out and taps Edward's arm, straightening it out. Edward springs into my arms and sobs onto my shoulder. I roll my eyes at George and carry him downstairs.

"He's such a handful, sometimes I forget that he's only six," I say to George when we check on him that night.

"Nearly seven," George says with a smile, copying Edward. I laugh and step toward Aurora's room before remembering that she's not there. I sigh and turn away. George puts an arm around me and squeezes.

"I'm sure we'll hear from her tomorrow," he says, "she'll want to tell us what house she's in."

Contrary to George's prediction, we don't hear from Aurora all week. It's not until a few days after I sent her a letter asking her about her first few days that she replies. I read the letter, my heart filling with pride at how easily she's fitting in. All my worries and she's already made friends, in and out of her house. She's happy and loving school.

"So, which house?" George asks me. I turn to him, my eyes filled with tears of pride.

"Ravenclaw."

______________________________________________________________

So, guys, I think I'm going to leave it here. It's been an amazing journey, Aurelia is one of my favourite characters. She'll be returning for a one shot I'm working on at the moment, but for now it's goodbye.

Thanks for reading and please check out my other stories. Some are on hold and they're the ones that I'm going to be working on next. I have a few completed stories, like Make Me Fall, Master of Mischief and Finally Me, as well as some on the go, like the Hidden Under Darkness series.

That's all from me for now,

Scarlett xx