Chapter 2: Vague memories

Emily didn't remember too much about her mum. But held to every precious bit of it that she had. She knew very little about the woman who raised her. Though she was only small back then and didn't seem to understand what would happen, and yet she wished she could have had more moments with her... more time.

Though she knew she would never forget what her mother looked like. Her long flowing brown hair which she usually kept in a high ponytail. Her bright blue eyes full of joy and compassion. Her love for Emily was overwhelming and the few times they spent together were truly the best memories she could ask for about her mum.

Yet... not all of Emily's recollections were of a perfect mother, no. There were always going to be downs to accompany the ups. She remebers one day her mum got home from work, her dad was looking after her; she was 4. Her mum walked in, taking off her shoes and handbag. Before rushing over to hug her. Emily remembered hugging her back as her mum picked her up and sat her down on the sofa next to her. " Em" she said grasping hold of Emilys hand" I have to tell you something" she carried on in a more serious tone" I have to go away for a while."" Why?" Emily asked. " I'm not feeling well. I have to go so the doctors can give me medicine to help me feel better... ok" "Ok mummy. But can me and Callum and Daddy  come visit you" little Emily questioned. " Yes sweetheart, you can come everyday if you want to." She smiled. Emily squeezed her hand, and her mum squeezed back before embracing her in a warm hug.

"Everything is going to change."