Chapter 9: Bad News

"Emily"
It was Dr Marvin. He had a clipboard in his hand and his facial expression was as if he had just seen death. He walked over and sat on the bed next to Emily. A grave look on his face. From that Emily knew what had happened. Her stomach burning up, heart lurching, brain... thinking. " I-I have your results" Dr Marvin said. She knew what he was thinking. " They found something... in your stomach... the same as they did with your mother's" now Dr Marvin was in tears, he knew Emily's mother well after treating her, and knew Em too. This was a tragedy.

Emily sat there in silence, trying to comprehend what had just happened. SHE had cancer. Not only that but she has the SAME one that her mum died from. And yet silence seemed to be the most appropriate thing for this. No words needed. Nothing to be said.

Her dad and brother had stopped arguing at least for now. They came in also looking like they had seen death. They knew. They were agruing over Emily and she could tell from there faces that they knew what she was going to go through. And there was nothing any of them could do to prepare for something like this.

Nothing...

(Authors note: if you don't understand this chapter it is what happens after the very first chapter.This is the present. The others before this are the flashbacks)