Chapter 15: Go

She had never thought her life would end because of cancer but now the thought was closer that she could imagine. Emily knew that she didn't want to die in a hospital bed. That was never an option for her. Even if it means sneaking out she wanted to go somewhere else. It was close so she hopefully won't get too weak from the distance.

Once her mind was made up Emily set out everything. She had some normal clothes. Leggings and a shirt. Perfect. She had a small handbag so she can take her phone and the box Zack gave her. This was going to be it. The end of the road. Nothing else. It was always going to end this way. Emily slept some more before she was awoken in the morning by her family.

She got up and hugged Cal and then her dad. Knowing that this would be the last time she'd ever see them and the last time they would see her. She spoke with them and made sure she took in every moment with them as it would be the last and although they didn't know that, she did.

Before they left she hugged the tightly, telling them both that she loves them so so so much before letting them go for the rest of the day.

After they left Zack, Rachel and Tyler came up. " hows livy?" Emily asked. "she's not doing well. Just waiting for death." Tyler said sadly."I feel the exact same" Em said...
They spoke for a bit longer before she hugged each of them. Emily told them they were the best friends she had ever had and that she was lucky to have people like them. Zack seemed to understand more than the rest of them that she was going to die soon. Sooner than they'd expect  and after that they also left. Giving Emily time to think through her plan.

After it got dark and there were no footsteps in the halways Emily decided to make her move. She left a note on her bed to everyone and some little personal messages on the otherside for her family and friends. She then got changed into the clothes and put the little box and her phone in her handbag before sneaking out into the corridor. She slipped down the stairs as they were quicker and went through the fire exit as the front door would be locked or guarded.

Emily was weak but she knew she was never coming back. Slipping out the door she took in a deep breathe of fresh air. Something she hadn't had in a long time. Then snuck away into the night.