Chapter 6: Empty

Emily was awoken by a loud beeping. She looked over to find her dad and brother both by her mum's bed. Her dad clenching her mum's hand. Getting up off the sofa she slept on, Emily stubbled towards the bed. " No. No... no... please. Please Amy, you need to stay with us" her dad begged. " Mummy don't go" Cal cried. " Mum?" Emily said. " Em... I..... I can't..." Emily's mum whispered, her eyes full of pain. " Mum... please" Emily said her eyes filling with tears. " I'm so sorry.... Em I'm going to miss you... Cal  please be good and make sure you don't get too grumpy with dad." Her mum said, she was clearly growing weak" I'm so sorry I won't see you two grow up..... Tom.... I love you...so much" she cried. " I love you Amy" Em's dad whimpered. "Don't leave us mummy" Cal said. " Callum. I'll always be with you, in here" Emily's mum said placing her hand on his heart. Emily held her mums hand and said" mum... I-I love you"" I love you so much Em. I love you all so so so much." Her mum said. Her breathes were getting shorter, the machine slowing down. Her mum whispered" I love you" to them. Then Em felt her mum squeeze her hand. She squeezed back and then... the machine stopped.