Chapter 12: Agony

Slamming her hand onto the call button Emily fell off her bed in pain. Rolling around on the floor, she was groaning in pain before the nurses lifted her onto a stretcher wheeling her out of the room towards a different room.

Dr Marvin arrived and asked Emily what happened. She told them that it felt like she'd been stabbed straight in the stomach. Another pulsation ran through her beofre she quickly grabbed a bucket and threw up. Then the doctor got out some medicine and a syringe. He gave Emily the injection then told her to drink a glass of water with some antibiotics and painkillers. After the injection some of the pain was taken away and it was now bearable.

Emily hobbled back to her room with one of the nurses. Her body was definitely more fragile as she was loosing weight constantly. Once Emily got back she thought the nurse was going to connect her back to the chemotherapy but instead wrote on the white board where they keep Emily's radiation therapy times. She wrote down double the amount of times than usual and then took away the IV that contained the chemo. Confused Emily went to Dr Marvins office to ask about what had happened.

" Dr Marvin has there been a mix up or something, the nurse took away the chemo and now I have more radiation therapy instead?" Emily said. "No there's no mix up. The chemo has stopped working on you so I decided that we need more radiation instead to try and target the tumors because after what happened it seems that those tumors are getting stronger by the day and so we need to fight them off." The doctor explained. " but I thought I needed the chemo, that it will help in any way?" Emily asked.  " I don't think it will" Dr Marvin said. " ok" Emily agreed before heading back to her room. Her friends were morning for Adams death and so Em decided not to tell them about what had happened earlier that morning because today was about Adam and she didn't want to make it about herself.

Later on her dad came to visit. Suprised by it Emily ran over and hugged him, he hugged back. He asked about how she had been and how she was getting on. Then her dad said hi to Dr Marvin and they spoke about Emily's current state. Then Emily asked about how her dad and Cal were getting on, then he left... and Emily was alone again.

She went over to Adams room to find all her friends there with candels. She joined in and they all talked about Adam and what he meant to them, how strong he was and how brave he fought. They all shed tears for their deceased friend and after that they all hugged and left to go back to their room for the rest of the day.

Emily slowly knew that her stomach was getting worse, after spending the day talking about Adams death she knew that her own would be close. She knew cancer was going to take her away and she would never know when until the moment arrives. She lay in her bed and thought about how she wanted to die.