|C H A P T E R 6|

As soon as we walked into the apartment, I felt relieved. We were out of harm's way, no one could come get us, just no type of danger at all...

"Um, Alaya, you know you bleeding?" Taj asked.

"Aw, crap. My period came early. I'll be back," I said, about to walk upstairs.

"No, from yo side. Yo side bleeding bro!" D said.

I looked down and of course, my side was bleeding.

"I asked you was you alright! What you said?" Trent asked.

"I didn't even know I got hit until Taj said it! I didn't even feel it, to be honest," I said.

"Well, we gotta get you some help before you bleed to death or some type shit," D said.

"Imma call Camryn," Ross said.

"Uh, Cameron's right there," I said, pointing to him.

"Not me, my cousin. She help us when one of us get shot or some shit. She basically our personal nurse," Cameron said.

"Oh, well that's cool. Just hurry up cause I'm trying to go bath and this bullet wound lowkey starting to sting," i said.

"She said she on her way," Ross said.

"Ight, well can somebody just hurry up and get me some water," I said.

"Why, you feel light headed?" Trent asked, terrified.

"No nigga, I'm thirsty. Tf?" I said.

"Oh, well somebody go get her a water out the fridge," Trent said.

"Gotchu," D said.

Then I stopped and thought.

"Has anybody ever realized fridge is spelled with a 'D', but refrigerator not?" I asked.

"Okay, either she losing too much blood, or she on drugs," Jock said.

Then there was a knock on the door.

"That's Hennessy," Ryan said, running to the door.

"Who's Hennessy? Camryn needa come on!" I said.

"Hennessy is her nickname," Cameron said.

I looked at him.

"Don't ask."

She came in with a suitcase that looked heavy af.

"Hey, I'm Camryn, Cameron's cousin. But you can call me Hennessy to avoid confusion," she said.

"I'm Alaya and this is my bestie, Avery," I said.

"Nice to meet y'all. I hate to cut this conversation short, but I gotta help you, so.." she said. "Where is the wound?"

I lifted up my shirt and saw it wasn't really that bad. It wasn't too deep, either.

"Ight. First imma pull the bullet out. It's gone hurt like hell, but it's gone be quick," she said.

She opened the suitcase and I saw she had a bunch of medical stuff in there. She pulled out some tweezers.

"I doubt it's gone hurt. I did get shot without feeling it, so it should be–"

I couldn't even finish my sentence because as soon as I felt the tweezers pulling on the bullet, I cried out.

"AHHHH!"

"Just a couple... more... pulls," she said.

"Just hurry up, I'm in pain! Somebody gimme they hand!" I said. I saw about three or four different hands, but I just grabbed the one closest to me and squeezed real hard.