|C H A P T E R 28|

We all stood there, waiting for Jock's explanation.

He sighed, then said, "Ight, so me and Aysa was just chilling in the den at her house, watching Netflix. She started looking at me with that look in her eyes. We started kissing and–"

"Whoa! No nigga we'on wanna know how it happened–" Taj cut Trent off.

"Shit, you don't but I do. Explain," he said. He pulled a chair over and folded his hands, then texted his elbows on his knees.

"Nigga you a creep," Jock said, kinda leaning away from Taj.

"You was finna explain it! I was just finna listen!" Taj said in his defense.

"He meant why you kept it from us bruh," Sauce said.

"We was gone tell y'all, I swear. We was probably gone wait til we found out what it was, but by then she probably woulda been show–" he stopped his sentence and bit his bottom lip, holding back his tears, bouncing his knee.

His face was red af since he'd been crying.

"I would tell you it's ight, but it's not. And I would tell you I know how you feel, but I don't," Trent said.

Jock sighed. "This shit gone be stressful for the rest of our lives. What if some happen in the surgery? What if she can't have kids no more? What if I lose–"

He put his head down and sobbed.

"Jock, you not gone lose Aysa. She gone pull through," I said.

"You'on know that," he said, his voice shaking and cracking.

"Look, my grandma always told me, 'If God want to take something, he will. But if he don't, that was for you."

Everything was quiet, except for the background of the hospital.

"Now you got me wanting to meet yo grandma and shit," Taj said, playing with his curls.

"Bruh!" We all groaned.

"I swear, if Cameron don't ruin a moment, it's yo ass!" Sauce said.

"That was lowkey funny though," Jock said. "And thanks Laya."

"No prob," I said.

————————

After about two hours of us sitting in the hospital, a nurse said we had to leave. For why? I don't even know.

We didn't even get to see Aysa.

"This bull shit brah!" Ross said.

Jock just dragged himself past everybody making his way upstairs.

I just sighed heavily. At first I thought my motivation worked, but now I see it kinda didn't. But I wasn't expecting him to be happy too long. I mean, he just lost his first unborn child.

Who wouldn't be sad?

"Laya." I broke out of my thoughts and turned around.

I saw Trent, who nodded his head towards the stairs.

I nodded and followed him to my room.

Once we were in there, he closed the door behind us.

"I feel bad now," I said.

"Why?"

"Well, cause I gave him an inspirational speech and now he back moping," I said.

"He wasn't gone stat happy long. I ain't gone lie, Jock hard af, but he sensitive af too. Last time I seen him cry like that was when our Aunt passed, and that was a while ago. Like when we was ten."