|C H A P T E R 13|

I sat at the edge of my bed, on Instagram, when I heard a knock at my bedroom door.

"Yeah?" I asked.

"It's me, Avery," she said.

"Come in, I'm fully clothed," I said.

She came in and looked at me funny. "Why wouldn't you be?"

"I would be, just something I can say around my bestfriend," I said as she closed the door behind her and sat down beside me.

"Good you still claim me cause I haven't been acting like one," she said.

"What you mean?"

"I been going everywhere with Sauce and stuff and you just really been home but every time you do go somewhere, I'm not with you. I'm with Sauce. I just feel like I been neglecting you," she said.

"About what? A boy?"

"Yeah. Ion want no boy to come between us, no matter how deep our relationship is."

"Well, that can't happen anyway. I'm always gone find a way to get your attention. And if I'm ever feeling neglected, you'll know. If I don't tell you," I said, throwing my arm around her shoulder.

"Thanks."

"And it's okay if you spending more time with Sauce than me. Well, it's really not, but." She laughed.

"We both gone get in relationships where we don't have enough time for each other, especially as we getting older. Girl, this is just the beginning."

"I don't wanna lose you," she said.

"And you won't. I promise we'll make a girl's day sometime this week," I said.

"Ight, cool."

We did our secret hand shake and laughed.

Then the doorbell rang. I waited, cause the boys were downstairs, so I figured they would answer it. Wrong.

The doorbell rang again, this time followed by a knock.

"I got it!" I yelled, getting off my bed.

I walked downstairs to see them sitting on the sofa, just chilling.

"So y'all didn't hear the doorbell ring?" I asked.

"We did, I just ain't go get it," Trent said.

"Y'all lazy," I said, storming off to the door. The doorbell rang again.

I opened the door and saw Chris, my younger brother.

"What?"

"Mom said ypu left a couple of your "small necessities," so here. And dad said–yo! Why all them niggas in there?" He asked.

Oh shit, I completely forgot about them and Chris' big mouth.

"Shhh!" I said, as I pushed him back, holding the back of his neck with my hand and putting my other hand over his mouth.

"Shut up! You caught me, I live in an apartment full of boys, but DON'T tell mom and dad. They probably gone make me come back home or something," I said. "Keep this between me and you, and I won't have to snap your neck. We good?"

"OKAY, WE GOOD, DAMN!" He yelled, but it was muffled.

I let him go and he kinda flew back.

"Yo grip strong af for a girl," he said.

"You just weak. But don't tell mama or daddy or that's yo ass!" I whisper yelled through gritted teeth.

"Ight I gotchu. As long as that mean you ain't coming back home, I'm hush mouth."