|C H A P T E R 29|

Me and Taj had just gotten done watching Love & Hip Hop Atlanta, and he was actually quiet.

"Rasheeda so fine bruh," he sighed, shaking his head.

"Nigga chill," I said.

"Just stating facts," he said.

"I wish you would find a girlfriend already cause you are really aggy," I said.

"Tf is aggy?" He said, scrunching up his face.

"You nigga!"

"Please. I'm not being aggy about not having a girlfriend, I actually don't need one, but it wouldn't hurt to have one either," he said.

"Have you ever had a girlfriend?" I asked.

"Now what type of dumb question was that? Of course I done had a girlfriend! Several if I might add," he said.

"Then why you won't get back with one of 'em? The best one?"

He looked at me like I was stupid. "I know you ain't just try me on that fuck shit. It's fuck all my exes, to be honest."

"Well you need to find somebody. You gone be the only one single when everybody else in a relationship," I said.

"That's a lie. Ross ass still gone be single, Ryan forever gone be single, D ass just ain't faithful, O.K.... Well O.K. probably gone be done pulled. And KaPri ain't giving Cameron no type of love, so I ain't gone be the only one single," Taj said.

I rally couldn't say nothing cause he had a point. He was only wrong about O.K. cause O.K. got a girl, unless that's just his baby momma. That's what he said.

"Well, you got a point," I said.

"What y'all ugly niggas talking bout?" Trent asked, coming down the stairs.

"Taj being single," I said.

"Oh."

"I don't care, honestly. This way I get to be a hoe," he said, shrugging.

Trent scrunched up his face. "Nigga you gone catch something."

"That's why they make these rubber wrap thingys called condoms that prevent you from having babies and catching STDs," Taj said.

"Naw nigga. Even if you wear a condom, you can still catch a STD and still get somebody pregnant," I said.

"How do you know this?" Trent asked.

"How do you not know this?" I asked.

He rolled his eyes at me.

"That was gay," I said.

"Stop playing with me bro," he said.

My phone vibrated and I looked at it. It was a message from Instagram.

I opened it and it was from Contour Clutch.

It read:

Hi @ alayarobin! We have seen many of your pictures on Instagram, and we thought we'd reach out to you to ask you to model for our brand, Contour Clutch. We hope you can get back with us soon, thank you for your time!

My heart started beating out of my chest as I read. I grabbed onto Taj's shoulder for support.

"You good?" He asked, looking at me strangely. I was now hyperventilating, but I nodded and showed him my phone.

He read the message and looked at me. "What that mean?"

"I'm going...to be a model!" I said, breathing really hard.