|C H A P T E R 38|

I sat in my tub, my legs propped up with Avery sitting on the side of the tub and Taj sitting on the top of the toilet.

"This is dumb," I said.

"Y'all got problems. Y'all was doing good for the first week, then that whole incident happened and it just fucked everything up," Avery said.

"It's really D fault! Then Trent wanna become bipolar for a whole two fucking months!"

"If D wouldn't have pulled that shit, everything would be straight," Taj said.

I sighed.

Then O.K. appeared in the bathroom doorway.

"The hell y'all doing in here with her?" He asked, looking at Taj and Avery.

"I was coming to ask a question but then I heard them gossiping about Trent so I thought why not join?" Taj said.

O.K. shook his head. "Anyway. I'm bout to go Laya. For a couple days, actually."

I nodded, knowing what he meant.

"Ight."

"Where you going?" Taj asked.

"Business," O.K. said.

"Ight. Be safe man," Taj said, dapping him up.

"Gotcha," O.K. said.

"Bye O.K.," Avery said.

"Ight Aves." O.K. walked out of the room and closed my door behind him.

I sighed again. "Welp, I'm gonna get out the tub."

"Say no more," Taj said, getting up and exiting my bathroom awkwardly, closing my bathroom door behind him.

Trent
"Ight, we through for tonight T," Bryan said. Bryan was an old homie of mine that I had working the boards. He only temporary though.

When Taj get done with school and shit, well, really whenever he feel like he can do it, Taj gone be the nigga making my beats.

I walked out of the booth and listened to the recording one more time.

"Yep. Make sure that shit be out by tomorrow afternoon, no less. That shit lit," I said, lighting my blunt.

Then I stopped. The word 'lit' made me think about Laya.

"Aye Bryan?"

"Mm?"

"You ever go through something with somebody you really love, but you just dont know how to tell them you love them?" I asked.

"Hell yeah. My baby mama BEEN tripping on this child support shit, and I keep trying tell her I love her and I provide for the kids so ion understand why she need extra money," he said.

He sighed.

"Why you ask?"

"It's this girl. My girl, actually. Something happened between us, and i kinda been giving her the cold shoulder bout it even though it wasn't her fault," I said.

"What happened, if you'on mind me asking?"

"D kissing on her and shit. Basically raped her, but nothing really sexual like that. She ain't want it, I saw it in her eyes when she was telling explaining she didn't want it."

He sighed. "She a good girl?"

"Hell yeah. She really everything I need."

"Well, you done fucked up. All I can tell you is make it right with her before she really wanna be done witcho ass for giving her the cold shoulder. And I hope you ain't piss her off or none cause–"

I looked away.

"Ah man! Look, just go to her bruh, cause if you pissed her off, she not gone come to you. Thats how females is. You can believe that."

I nodded. "Thanks man."

"You good fam," He said.

"Now I feel like I wanna right some new shit," I chuckled rubbing my hands through my curls.

"Do what you need to, man. We got all night," he said. "Here go this new beat I been working on though."

O.K.
I knocked on the door with my bags in my hand.

She opened it, halfway though.

"What you want?" She asked.

"To spend time with y'all. Let me in," I said.

She sighed and opened the door all the way so I could come in.

"I know I ain't been spending that much time with y'all, but it's hard. Laya already done found out, I gotta make sure the boys ain't suspicious of none–"

"That's my problem. Why you so worried about what they think?"

"Baby, it's not what they think. It's how they gone react. I been keeping this secret from them for what? Three years?" I asked.

"I didn't tell you to do that. You could have told them. I wanted you to tell them!"

"Being a teenage parent is not easy, Lisha! Me having to find some type of way to provide for my son at fifteen? I couldn't get no job!"

"How you think I feel? I was the one really stressing! I almost dropped out of school!" She yelled.

"You wouldn't have did that. Even if you felt like you had to. Don't bring Mari into this because of that," I said.

She sighed. "I just really want you to be around more."

"I know, I know," I said, embracing her.

"You already out here doing dangerous shit. I want to at least see you everyday."

"I do this dangerous shit for us. No other reason. If I didn't have you or Mari, I wouldn't even think about getting any type of job."

"I love you. I just wanna make us official though," she said.

"I love you too," I said, pecking her lips. "But before we do that... When can I make some more little munchkins?"

She laughed. "Whenever you ready."

"Oh I'm ready now."

"Okay," she said. "Wait."

I stopped. "What?"

"Don't think cause you ame over here you finna get some booty nigga. Hell naw, you can wait. You brought clothes anyway. We finna watch Netflix," she said.

I shrugged.

It don't matter what I'm doing.

I just really wanna be here with them, honestly.

———————————————————————

Go read Pretty Loco.

I ain't got no more talk.

Good-deuces ✌