5. I want in

Alayah POV:

I heard Elijah's phone go off, from what he said I knew immediately who it was, Rebekah. 

Before long I was following him out into the dark and into an alley way were Rebekah was stood, hiding so that they would not see me.

"I was half way to the airport when I suddenly got the urge to rip out my taxi drivers jugular." Rebekah confessed to Elijah. "I only just resisted." She confessed as she pulled her arm up to show the mark had returned. 

"No!" Elijah said as he moved forward looking at the wound on our sister. 

"I am afraid so." Rebekah returned, she was so calm. 

"Freya can try something else!" Elijah said. 

"We dont have time! I already went after Haley, who is next Freya herself? Hope? And even if she can..." Rebekah went to explain but Elijah jumped there first. 

"You dont want to run." He finished for her. 

"No. I always hated it." Rebekah said as she reached into her pocket and pulled it out, a dagger! "Especially not in my own body. Don't tell a soul. Especially not Nicklaus, let him be happy. Just for once. This is our burden to bear, yours and mine." Rebekah said as she pushed the dagger toward his hand.  "And when the year foretelling the prophecy is over, have Freya work out a cure, wake me up and throw me one hell of a party!" Rebekah said. 

"No!" I shouted as I walked forward and made my presence known. 

"Alayah!" Rebekah said slightly stunned. 

"You can't do this! We will find away." I promised her.

"I have no doubt you will but for now this is something we have to do." Rebekah said to me as she took my hands in her own. 

"I can't!" Elijah sighed. 

"Why not?" Rebekah confronted, letting go of my hands and stepping forward. "Maybe the only way to stop this stupid prophecy is to embrace it! Control it! If we can control it, then maybe we can change it. When I am buried then the family part of the prophecy will be over. You can trust them again! Alayah, Freya, Haley, Nicklaus. You can stop anyone that comes at you, friend or foe! So do it Elijah!" Rebekah shouted, anger filling her voice. 

"No." Elijah said, his voice merely a whisper. 

"Elijah do it!" I sighed, knowing it was what needed to be done. Rebekah looked at me, clearly taken back by the fact I was supporting her decision to do this. 

"Do it!" Rebekah repeated, almost screaming. And he did. 

I watched as my sisters now lifeless body fell into Elijah's open arms, it seems like a never ending cycle for me, once one is undaggered then the next is. 

"What is the point of us being truly immortal if it means that we can't live." My voice broke as I spoke. 

"That's the point now Alayah. We aren't truly immortal, not anymore." Elijah said as he picked up Rebekah's body. 

"Yeah well I can assure you brother this threat is temporary. I am not going to stop until it is eliminated." I promised my brother, meaning every word of it. 

Sorry that this is a short one. I just really wanted to make sure that Alayah was a part of Rebekah being daggered as there is a big twist coming up in her character. Please dont forget to comment and vote!x