6. The Ghost of Mississippi

Alayah POV:

We slowly making our way back to the compound in silence when Elijah received a text. I could see the colour drain from his face as he read it and turned to me. 

"Elijah what is it?" I became instantly terrified. 

Elijah took a moment before answering. "It's Cami." And with that there was no use for words we both sped back to the compound. 

"How is she?" Elijah asked as we entered the room of which Klaus was pacing. 

"She has just risen from the dead!" Klaus snapped. 

I looked at him, just because he is hurting doesn't mean he can speak to us like that. "Yeah well so have we! In fact most of the people enter this compound have risen from the dead so dont start taking it out on us, we are here to help you brother!" I snapped right back.

Klaus didn't apologise but just looked at me, pausing for a second. "Once she has fed her mood will change for the better. As for these attacks our retribution must be swift and it must be brutal!" Klaus was shouting in anger! 

"Agreed." Elijah calmly responded. "After the seroturah has been recovered."  

"Freya's pendant is also missing!" I added, not wanting to make my brother more angry, if that's even possible!

"Finns mystical essence along with it." Klaus realised looking to the ground. "Oh well, let the immobilise stay lost! Our business today is finishing off the De Martel's." Klaus said with no remorse. 

"Klaus think!" I said just as angry as he did, he was going to kill us all at this rate. 

"Tristan needs the most powerful witch in the city to activate that weapon. A regent." Elijah pointed out to my brother. 

Klaus thought for a second on who it could be. "Vincent." He stated before attempting to march to the door. I caught his arm while Elijah continued. 

"No, stay! She'll need you brother." Elijah pointed out to him. 

Elijah then walked past and out the door. I went to follow him. "Alayah." Klaus said pleadingly. 

I turned to my brother, who for the first time was seen to me as vulnerable and hurt. Of course I was already aware that my brother was capable of love but for him to be in love, this is a sight I haven't seen since Aurora.   "Don't worry Klaus, we will handle it!" 

"Elijah told me about you pretending to be put in the pendant with Finn. There is no doubt in my mind that Tristan is already trying to get you out of there. Your our secret weapon try to stay out of sight." He nodded, I smiled knowing that this was his way of saying be careful. 

~~~

Me and Elijah arrived at the cemetery to find Vincent by the nick of time as when we arrived there was three bodies around him, clearly his doing and another vampire about to attack him. The vampire was seconds away from killing him before Elijah ripped his heart out and Vincent sighed with a breathe of relief. 

"Vincent. We need to chat." Elijah said, casually pulling out a cloth from his pocket and wiping the blood of his hands. He then stepped over the bodies and began to walk down the aisle of the cemetery. 

I held out a hand to help him up and he hesitated before taking it. I noticed why he was hesitating, looking to the floor to see Freya's pendant. Vincent tried to jump for it but Elijah beat him to it, picking up the pendant and then looking at Vincent. 

~~

"I dont know what to tell you man! You want your big bad seroturah then you have to go after Tristan, because he took it. After he activated it!" Vincent said, he seemed scared and pissed off all at once.