7. Wild at Heart

Alayah POV:

My whole life I knew that I was different. I was the youngest in our family to tap into our power and Kol was the only other one who did it but it wasn't that simple. I could only do magic when I was with him, when I was connected to him. It was like I didn't have the power on my own.

I decided I was going to look into it, what is it that is wrong with me? Why does my family fear me? At first I thought it was that I was physco, that I lose control and end lives but that is the same as every other member other than Hope. There is something else and it is only now that it is clear. 

I was walking round the witches market when I noticed a familiar girl. Davina Claire, I knew of her and her relationship with my brother when he was in the body of the witch Kaleb. I knew quite a lot about her and where she fits into the drama filled life of New Orleans but I had never met her. I watched as she asked one of the witches for a flower. The witch ignored her, as though she wasn't even there. "I know have I been shunned but you could at least look at me!" Davina said to the rude woman. 

I began to walk over when she was about to walk away but someone else beat me to it. "Hello. I am in the market for some Angelica. Perhaps you have heard of it? No? Okay follow up question do you have like a complaint box or something? Because I have some feedback hat you dont want to end up in Yelp." The man said to the witch sarcastically. 

"Josh, lets just go!" Davina came back to claim her friend. By her using his name I immediately realised who he was. Josh, one of Klaus' sires, from what I had heard he was noble but his loyalty to Klaus was one of question, unlike the loyalty to his friends which knows no bounds. 

Davina began to pull him away. "Okay fine. But do you know what I am taking these." Josh said as though he really got one over on the witch, grabbing the first thing he could see. 

They both began to walk off when I made my way over to the witches stand. "Witches and bitches. All the same to me. A blood bag." I sneered as I stood in front of the stand. The witch became instantly on edge and Josh and Davina both came back over to the stand. "I believe this young lady asked for some Angelica." I said as I waved over to Davina. "Provide it!" I said bluntly. 

"That young lady has been shunned by New Orleans witches." The witch retorted. 

"Yeah well I dont play by witch rules. I am a Mikaelson and around here that means something. So unless you want trouble with me and my brothers you will give Davina Claire what ever it is that she wants." I warned the witch. She thought for a second before sighing and reluctantly handing the Angelica to Davina. 

I then began to walk off but they both followed, like I had hoped. "Who are you?" Davina asked me from behind. 

"My name is Alayah. Alayah Mikaelson." I smiled to her, she was one that I needed as a friend. I knew that Kol knew why I was so out of control and I also know that she can get him back. 

"Your Kol's sister?" She asked, shocked. 

I smiled at her. "Yeah, I am." 

"No offence but where the hell did you come from? I thought there was only six of the Mikaelsons?" Josh entered the conversation. 

I looked at him and furrowed my eyebrows. I dont see why that matters. "Actually there is twelve of us." I informed. He looked instantly confused. "There are my parents, then Freya, Finn, Elijah, Klaus, Kol, Rebekah, me, Henrik, Hayley and Hope." I elaborated. 

"Henrik?" Josh furrowed his eyebrows. 

"He was our brother, he was murdered by the werewolves. His death was what prompted my mother to make us into vampires." I explained. 

"Okay well I appreciate the help but I really have to go now." Davina said as she linked Josh and began to walk off. I used my speed to rush in front of them both. 

They both jumped and went immediately on ease. "Hey, please dont go yet. I need your help." I informed them. They both looked at each other before back to me to continue. "Davina your a witch and you know a lot. I want you to tell me why my family are so scared of me losing control." The last part of my statement caught her attention. 

"Losing control?" Davina questioned. 

"I have been in a box longer than any other member of my family. Except Finns 900 years of course. There is a reason I have come to you Davina Claire and it is not because you were the regent of New Orleans. It is because Kol trusted you and he was the only one who knew how to control me. Whatever it is that scares them so much, Kol knows. I need you to bring my brother back." I was almost crying to her by the time I was finished. 

Davina looked at Josh for a second before turning back to me. "I will bring your brother back but right now you shouldn't be talking to me." She said before walking off, and this time I let her. 

~~~

When I returned back to the compound my brothers were both in the study. 

"She left didn't she?" Klaus turned to Elijah, he seemed... hurt...betrayed. 

"Shocking turn of events. Yes!" Elijah almost mocked. 

I walked into the room. Dropping my bag to the floor and flopping onto the couch, picking up one of the things Elijah was looking at. "Dont worry. I am right here brothers!" I smiled as I completed my actions. 

"No sister, we was not referring to you. Camille on the other hand. Now that is a problem!" Klaus smirked to me. 

"Then why dont you go and find her? While I stay here and work on fighting for our family on the brink of extinction." Elijah turned to him. 

My brothers then began to talk about how Klaus thinks the threat is gone, now that Tristan is in the ocean and Elijah is still wary. I drifted out of caring when they began to talk about everything that was still going on. 

Klaus then began to talk about Camille again. "She left around sunrise." Hayley said as she entered the room, holding Hope. "My guess is she needed some air. I couldn't sleep and saw her leave from my balcony. So I was wondering Hope and I stayed here for a few days." Hayley asked. 

"Of course you may." Elijah nodded. His phone began to ring and he excused himself. 

"Hey, if you haven't had much sleep give me the little princess for the rest of the day and have it your self!" I smiled as I walked over and took Hope off Hayley. "You deserve that much!" I said as I hugged her before taking Hope out of the room as Klaus began to talk to Hayley about how she is a part of our family.