11. Dont you forget about Me

Alayah POV: 

They were right, I did have no control. What if Kol was right to fear me, to want me dead. 

I saw Kol come back up to Freya so I decided to join them. 

"There isn't a witchcraft on this planet I haven't studied." Kol continued the conversation from where he was up to when I entered it. "But then again you already knew that. We met a century ago didn't we?" Kol asked Freya, giving me a welcoming smile as he did. "You were the only girl I couldn't charm. Honestly I just thought you fancied the ladies." 

Freya giggled. "What because that would be the only reason the women wouldn't swoon for you?" 

"Well either that or your our long lost, not so dead older sister." I chimed in, not being completely sure whether I would be welcome in the conversation. I was wrong, I was allowed as both my siblings smiled at me before continuing their conversation. 

"I am glad your back. You should know that Rebekah kept her promise to fight for you before the curse. I suppose we are all lucky Davina never gave up on you." Freya smiled. Kol looked at her before down to his watch. 

"She wasn't the only one." I whispered, referring to myself. I didn't expect them to hear but they did. 

"She did right by me didn't she?" Kol asked Freya, acting as though he didn't hear what I said. Freya nodded. "And I have to do right by her. Do you mind if I write this spell down?" He asked Freya. 

As Kol was writing he whispered, so low that Freya couldn't hear but I did. "I know you never stopped fighting for me Alayah and I promise I will make it up to you." I smiled at his words and Freya noticed it, even though she didn't hear what Kol said but I think she knew he said something. 

~~

I walked back into the compound to see Klaus, Elijah and Freya talking. 

"Yeah well drawing trouble is his forte." Klaus turned. 

I clapped as I entered. "What? Is someone after my crown?" I smirked as I walked over to them, fixing a pretend crown on my head. 

"Never." Klaus smiled as he placed his hand on my arm. "You'll thank him for me?" He asked Elijah. 

Elijah nodded, what was going on? "You wont stop driving until your safe?" Elijah questioned, although it sounded more like a demand. 

Klaus had a stern look on his face. "You dont have to remind me how precious my cargo is." He spoke, which was his way of saying yes. 

"Your leaving?" I asked in disbelief. 

Klaus smiled as he pulled me closer to him, he could see I was upset and from my outburst earlier, which I am sure he was told about we all knew that was not a good idea. "I want you to come with me? Hope needs you." Klaus said to me, his voice soft. 

I shook my head and stepped back a little. "I cant do that Klaus. Me and Kol might not be in the best place right now and believe me I want to get away with you Hope and Hayley but we all know that is not a good idea. I hurt him today completely by accident. I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I ever hurt Hope. That is why I am going to stay and get this power under control so we can use it as a weapon." I promised him. 

Klaus hugged me, tight.

Me, Elijah and Freya watched from the balcony. "It is going to be quiet around here." Freya told us. 

Elijah and I looked at each other. "I wouldn't bet on it." We both said in unison. We all knew what was coming and I was ready.