First Day

I entered the GCPD with a sense of hope that this job would be different. I felt it in my bones. There was going to be something new to experience, and I was so right. My name is Katherine Nightblood but people call me Kat. I am twenty-three years old and fresh out of Gotham University where I studied Forensics. Right out of college I wanted to find a job and I got my wish. The GCPD was looking for a Forensic detective; so, I was in luck. Although my friends tried to talk me out of it, knowing how corrupt the police system in Gotham was, I still sent in my application. I was anxious to begin helping Gotham in anyway I could, and I felt that the GCPD was the best place to do this.  I had heard that the GCPD had hired a new detective who was shaping the place up, his name was Jim Gordon and he gave me the inspiration to send in the application. I fooled myself into thinking I was going to change this city even if I was just inspecting the crime scenes.

My family wasn't worried about me because my family was gone, my mother was the only one who had taken care of me because my father had died early on. Then, when I was in my late teens, my mother got cancer. She passed away only two years ago which left me alone. I do have other family, but none that I am close with. I figured I would move to Gotham and finish college; that's how I ended up here.

I strolled into the building leading me right to the main part of the department. I walked straight to Commissioner Essen's office so that I could be assigned to my new workplace, as I was walking up the stairs I ran into none other than the famous James Gordon.

"Oh! Excuse me Detective."

"It's fine I wasn't paying attention to where I was walking Officer?"

"Nightblood, I'm the new forensic detective." he held his hand for me to shake. "Nice to meet you, I've already heard a lot about you." he smiled.

 "Well obviously I've heard about you, cleaning up the department and saving the city singlehandedly."

"Well I do what I can, glad to see someone who thinks I'm working" he said.

"I would love to keep this conversation going Detective but I really need to report to Commissioner Essen."

"Of course, call me Jim detective makes me sound old." 

"Call me Katherine or Kat whichever suits you Jim." he gave me a lighthearted smile. 

"Nice meeting you, and I look forward to working with you Kat." Jim said as he walked towards another man. I walked up the stairs to the Commissioner's office and opened the door, there sat a woman with curly black hair sitting at her desk smiling at me.

"Good morning, you must be Miss Nightblood."

"Yes ma'am." I replied.

  "Please sit." she motioned me towards a chair in front of the desk.

"Well I'm happy to see you got here safely, hopefully you met some of our detectives and they treated you with respect."

"Of course, I met Detective Gordon."

"Well you may be working together in the future, but for now you will be working with Mr. Nygma down in the Forensics lab."

"You two will become partners after some necessary safety training." she handed me a folder with my name on the front. "Here are some housekeeping tips to help you settle in."

"Thank you Commissioner."

"If you have any questions, please ask me or Mr. Nygma. I'm glad to have you on our team Detective Nightblood." she handed me my name tag with a badge. I took it and gave a nod of gratitude then headed out of the office and down towards the Forensics lab. I looked down at the folder and read my new partner's full name.

"Edward Nygma. Hmm, E. Nygma how odd." I could only pray that Mr. Nygma  would be a decent person. 

**Hello! I am back if anyone reads my stories but anyways....this is my second Fanfic and I am really excited because I'm going to change my writing style and try to explain more and put more details into my story unlike my other one The Batman which is still up but going through some changes! So tell me how you like this which you can do...through the comments! anddd PLEASE VOTE!!!!! LOVE YOU GUYS!!**