Who am I?

"Hello Katherine."

Oswald Cobblepot stood in the doorway of my room umbrella in hand.

"Oswald, what a surprise." He grinned and walked into the room.

"Mr. Cobblepot what are you doing here?" Ed was tense.

"Well I just came to visit my friend here."

"I don't know if it's a good thing for you to be here, Kat needs her rest."

"I'll think she'll be fine Mr. Nygma. I just need to ask her a question."

"And what would that be Mr. Cobblepot?"

"It's a... business matter." Ed slowly turned back to me, I gave him a reassuring smile and he exited the room.

"So you've been healing pretty quickly from what I heard."

"Yes, the doctors told me that I may be going back to the GCPD late next week."

"Well that is good news." Oswald said as he crossed the room to sit down.

"So what is this really about Oswald."

"Oh, you know me so well. You see Kat, I have a vision." He sat down at the end of my bed. "As you may or may not know Fish Mooney is dead, the crime families are in chaos trying to choose a new leader for the underworld. Lucky for them they have me."

"And what do I have to do with this?"

"Well the Falcone's and Maroni's have had a long history of hatred towards each other, but it seems that they are working together and I have an idea."

"Which is?"

"I want to put these families up against each other just like they were in the old days. I want them to hate each other so much that they tear each other limb from limb and after the wreckage they will be in need of a true crime Lord, me."

"Cut to the chase Oswald."

"Yes of course. I want you to start the trouble. Even though they are close, they are on the verge of a gang war but all they need is a push. I want you to pose as an assassin that Don Maroni hired to kill Carmine Falcone."

"You want me to kill the biggest mafia man of Gotham?"

"You see I don't want him to die. I want him to survive and then be angry enough to try and kill Don Maroni. See, I have it all figured out."

I scoffed, "You have it all figured out? You know how easily I could fail, and you know what would happen if they found out. They would end up coming together to kill me and then eventually to you Oswald."

"You won't fail Kat, trust me. Oh, and I stumbled upon something that you might find interesting."

"Oswald, you know you can't keep bribing me. After the last job you gave me I decided I was done. I can't keep living a double life." 

"Hmm a double life? It's funny coming from you... so you're refusing this job?"

"Yes Oswald. I'm sorry but I have to." he stood up.

"I understand Katherine, but before I go there is something you should know." he stopped at the doorway and turned, "Black mask is back and he knows who you are and he's looking for you."

**HELLOOO UPDATE! Sorry for not updating in forever! I have been really busy this year, but the good new is the next chapter will follow very soon! Sorry that this chapter is a little short from what I usually write but I had to give you guys something! Also for my readers who have stuck along for the ride, THANK YOU SO MUCH LOVE YOU GUYS!**