Let's Talk

**Katherine's point of view**

I had just finished signing my last paper,  when Mr. Nygma shouted at the top of his lungs. I jumped so bad that it made me rip the staplers right out of the pamphlet.

"Oh I'm so sorry Miss Nightblood, this case it's really getting to me." I let out a sigh of relief. 

"Well do you need any help?" he looked back to his work and pulled off his medical gloves.

"If you think you're up to it." he grabbed a large folder that was labeled 'Viper' and handed it to me, I awkwardly reached for it brushing his hand. "I think that I'm ready to work after reading three pages on the different pencils to use on specific documents." he laughed and walked back to his desk.

"What's this case about Mr. Nygma?"

"You can call me Edward, we are partners after all." I nodded. "This is one of the more interesting cases I've been on, it's called Viper. It's a drug that's being passed around in Gotham, every person found with it in their system has been either found dead or died soon after taking it. I've been doing blood samples on the different victims and found out that their immune systems seem to be effected. There is also a high level of white blood cells and an extreme amount of epinephrine, or adrenaline in their bloodstream. From reading the police reports I've gathered that when a person takes the drug they have a sense of super strength. One guy was found dead after breaking into a gas station to steal some milk.

"Milk?"

"Yes, the cashier that was working said he downed three gallons of milk before he collapsed. When the police arrived on sight he was dead."

"Could they be craving the milk?" it sounded stupid after I said it.

"It didn't come to mind actually, no."

I thought about it for a moment.

"Maybe they need the calcium in the milk? Were you able to look at their bones?"

"No I didn't do the full autopsy although..." He stood up and looked through his filing cabinet. "Here it is, Dr. Tompkins dropped this off before she left... it says here that the bones are primarily effected, they seem to be showing similar signs of Osteoporosis."

"Viper could be draining calcium from the skeleton and using it to fuel the body, thus creating the sudden burst of energy and then the cravings after."

"That does makes sense, honestly I didn't even think about it." a small smile tugged at the corner of his lips as he looked at the autopsy report.

"So what can we do no-" before I could finish my sentence the door opened with a loud thump and a women with strawberry hair and a sour expression entered.

"Mr. Nygma, what is the meaning of this?" she held up a cupcake with a bullet in the center.

"I..it's a riddle"

"Well it's inedible!! What exactly do you want from me Mr. Nygma?!"

I looked over at Edward he was trying to come up with something to say to her. I didn't exactly understand what she was yelling about or why she was angry. 

Edward took the plate that Kristen had set on his desk and tried to explain it to her.

"I don't want anymore of your riddles Mr. Nygma and you still haven't given me the files you obviously took from the archives without signing them out!" 

She stormed out with as much force as she had walked in with. I looked back at the cupcake on his desk and saw that it had a bullet coming out of it. "A beautiful woman is a dangerous thing" I muttered. 

"What was that Katherine?"

"Nothing." his phone rang.

"Yes we'll be there. Thanks."

"That was Jim he just got another tip about someone using Viper." I stood up and grabbed my jacket making my way out the door. Edward didn't follow behind, I looked in the doorway just to see him pushing the cupcake into the trash can. I felt sorry for him, that woman didn't need to be nasty with him, Ed seemed like a sweet guy.

__________________________________________________________________________________

At the scene

"Male, mid twenties, cause of death Viper, time of death two to three hours ago. Jim do you have any leads as to where this man was seen last?"

"We haven't been able to find any witnesses Kat" I looked at the man again and wondered where he found and bought this terrible drug that seemed to be causing Gotham so much trouble.

"Eddie what have you got so far?" Jim called.

"Well it seems the drug effects the strength of the person taking it. They seem to be having an adrenaline rush, then the victim starts craving milk because of the calcium that their body's need. Katherine figured most of this out."

"What the hell has calcium got to do with that?" Harvey yelled.

"The super strength, it drains the bones of their calcium. Dries it up, almost like a fuel." I told him Harvey made an 'O' with his mouth showing that he partially understood what I meant.

"We'll be in touch, run this guys blood to the lab if you could Ed and If you find anything else out contact us." Jim said.

Jim and his partner Harvey walked away leaving Edward and I alone.

"So what's the next step Ed?"

"We usually take some pictures of the crime scene and then collect some data. I need to run some samples on his blood, though I highly doubt I'm going to find anything different."

"Has there been any other drugs like this before?"

"No, the department has been scrambling to find information on it at all."

"That's odd you would think for how widespread this drug is you would have had earlier cases."

"Well it is Gotham, people die from a drug overdose everyday. I think the department just started to notice it. "

After we collected the evidence and transported the body to the morgue we headed back to Edward's car. I didn't have my car there because I got a ride with Jim and Harvey to the scene, they wanted to give me a speech on how I need to be careful around some of the other officers in the department. Gotham's Police Department was dirty and they didn't want me to get involved with anything. 

"Do you have a ride?" Edward asked

"Actually I was going to ask if I could ride with you?"

"Of course."

I walked to the shotgun side of the car and got in, it was perfectly clean which didn't surprise me, Edward seemed like someone who had OCD. He started the car and put Gotham City news on. Vicki Vale was on talking about the Wayne murders.

"So I know this is your first day and everything ,but how do you like the department?"

"I actually love it so far. To be honest with you though, Jim and Harvey are the only people I actually have held a conversation with." he let out a laugh.

I looked over at him and couldn't help but find him attractive. I couldn't understand why Kristen didn't find him handsome and how she hasn't swooned over the many attempts to win her over. He seemed like such a sweet person.

"I have a question Ed..."

"Yes?"

"I hope this isn't too personal, but how long have you been pursuing Kristen Kringle?"

**What's up fam?! I hope you liked this chapter!! Please vote and comment below for the next update!!! And if you want to spread this story around and tell your Edward Nygma fan friends about this it would be greatly appreciated!! Love all you Gothamites!!**