Escape

"Wake up my dear" someone had their hand in my hair pulling. I struggled to open the sleep from my eyes. In front of me was the Dollmaker a smile on his face holding a carving knife in front of my eyes. I wrenched my arms up only to discover they had been strapped down....again.

"Good to see you so spry." He put the knife down and came closer to me.

"I'm making sure this time you don't escape...it would be such a shame to lose a prize like you." He looked at my hair and put a strand between his fingers.

"No matter, you will be part of my collection forever with all of my other beauties. I will be back and this time, no escaping." I watched that scumbag walk through the door my rage building up in my stomach. I ripped my hands up again but the restraints didn't budge.

This was it, this was how I was going to die. I just wish that I could have Edward here beside me to comfort me. He had Kristen, I was never what he wanted. This was how it was supposed to end. At least Ed was happy.

___________________________
Edward's POV

Jim's cruiser slowed down as we reached our destination. We had backup of course just in case things got out of hand. We had no idea what this guy had in store for us, my only hope was that Katherine was fighting and alive.

"Okay Nygma, this is the plan." Harvey turned around to face me his features in a line of seriousness.

"You can come with us if you want just no funny business and you have to stay with us, no heroic saves."

"Copy that." Jim and Harvey looked at me with disapproval.

"What? Isn't that what you guys say?" Harvey let out a laugh and Jim just rolled his eyes, although I was being made fun of, I was grateful for the ease in tension.

"Nygma" I looked up to see Jim holding out a small glock out to me.

"Let's get Katherine back."

______________________________________________________

"It's time to join the others my dear."

The Dollmaker lifted a tube up to my face aiming it towards my mouth, I struggled and tried to kick him knowing my motives were useless. No matter what he was going to kill me.

"Don't worry this only hurts a little.....at least that's what the others told me." He laughed and shoved the tube in my mouth, tears began to blur my vision, I couldn't believe this was happening. I was going to die.

I began to think of every wonderful memory of my life trying to put my mind somewhere else. I thought of my parents when we were a family, my earliest childhood memories of my friends and family during a gathering. My mother before her cancer, her beautiful radiance reaching out to me beckoning me to follow her. I thought of Jim and Harvey and laughing at the GCPD over a stupid joke, but most of all I thought of Ed. His smile glowing and making the worst day turn into a new beginning, the way he always pushed up his glasses when looked at me, his voice calling my name. I let all of these memories flood my brain leaving warmth and comfort to my  end. I knew that somewhere Ed was happy and maybe he was even looking for me that was all I needed, and finally I closed my eyes once again and remembered.

"GCPD GET ON THE GROUND."

Gunshots rang throughout the building.

I broke out of my trance and opened my eyes. I had to know.

I wrenched my head around to dislocate the tube from my mouth succeeding. Only then did I see the hot wax making its way toward my body.

"KAT!" I tried to look around pushing my head up and finally I saw him.

"ED!" the wax made it out of the tube and on to my neck, I screamed out in pain making Eddie run towards me. He pushed the tube away and started to unlatch my straps. When I was out I fell to the ground sobbing.

"Katherine, its over." he tugged me towards him and enveloped in a safe, warm, hug. I could have stayed this way forever.

"Thank you" more hot tears escaped my eyes.

"We need to get you out of here." he looked down at my neck noticing the now dry wax.

I tried to stand, but my exhausted legs couldn't carry my weight. Eddie picked me up and I let my head rest against his chest, hearing his accelerated heart beat slow down.

"I NEED AN AMBULANCE STAT!" I could faintly hear Jim's voice and more footsteps approaching.

"Kat...hey look at me. Can you hear me......."

I finally felt safe and secure and I let myself drift into a weightless sleep.