Well, well, well

Kats POV**

I knew that going back to work with an injury was a bad idea. Eddie tried to stop me but I figured everyone at work would be suspicious. So I wore a large blanket scarf that covered my shoulder very well.

I got out of my car and walked up to the station, when I opened the door chaos greeted me. Clowns, gymnast, dancers and any other circus freak you could think of were clogging up the center of the GCPD. I looked for anyone I knew to explain what was going on, finally I found a distressed looking Jim walking up to me.

"What's going on Jim?"

"To be honest I don't know, some circus freak got killed with an axe and we have no leads."

"Do you think you need any help?"

"We could use all the help we can get..Harvey is dealing with the clowns, would you mind helping me interview the victims son?"

"I'm not a Detective though.."

"Your badge says you are, I think you can handle this and it will be good for future experience."

Jim led me to the interrogation room where a red head about my age sat. He had a sorrowful expression but behind his eyes I saw something different.

"This is Jerome Valeska.  His mom was killed and he is the only living relative.."

"Wow he looks pretty drained are you sure it's a good idea to interview him now?"

"Better now than later."

We walked in and he lifted his head, I swear I saw the corners of his mouth twitch as we entered....

"Jerome, how are you holding up."

He looked over at Jim.

"I guess I'm okay officer."

"This is Katherine she will be helping me today."

"Nice to meet you Jerome, I just wish it wasn't under these circumstances.."

"Okay Jerome lets get right to it. Do you know of anyone who would have wanted to hurt your mother?"

"No, but she did have many partners.."

"Like boyfriends?"

His eyes flickered towards me then back to Jim.

"No. She was never committed enough to have a steady boyfriend..."

"Oh, I'm sorry to hear that Jerome."

His eyes searched mine for a brief moment then returned to looking at Jim.

"So you don't know of anyone who would want to kill your mother?"

"No officer I just....I don't understand h-"

That's when he burst into tears. I felt my heart wrench as this poor boy cried at the loss of his only parent.

"Thank you Jerome, we are very sorry for your loss."

That sent him into even more tears. I tried to comfort him by putting my hand on his, it seemed to work for a little until Jim told me it was time to leave.

I stood up leaving Jerome alone to calm down.

"So do you have any prime suspects?"

"We have two, our motive would be jealousy....but this still doesn't add up."

"Well if you need anymore help on this case Jim, just ask!"

"Thanks Kat" he patted my injured shoulder and I held back the wince. He looked over confused, but before he could say anything I turned and ran back to the lab.

___________________________
*Kat's POV Forensics lab

I walked to the office only to hear voices within the room. It sounded like Eddie and Kristen so of course I had to eavesdrop.

"I've been thinking Mr. Nygma..about everything you said today, when you gave me the note for dinner and I just wanted to let you know that I accept."

I was happy for Ed yet angry because I knew the kind of person Kristen was. Ed didn't deserve such a relationship. I heard the door creak and I ran into to one of the rooms along the hallway.

I tried to look around only to be met with darkness. I felt along the wall until I found a light switch. The lights flickered then finally yellow light filled the room. I realized that I was in a small janitors closet, it looked as though it hadn't been used in years. There were some files laying on the floor. I picked a random one up labeled "Dollmaker case". The door creaked and I looked up to find Eddie staring at me.

"Kat, what are you doing in here?"

"Well I jus-"

"What do you have there?" he pulled the file from my hands.

"Huh, I've never seen this file before. I wonder how long ago this is from?"

"I don't know I was just being a neb nose..." I was thankful he changed the subject completely forgetting about why I had stumbled in here.

"Well we could take a look at it, and we got assigned a body!! The circus lady, she's been hacked."

"Oh how wonderful Ed more dead bodies."

He grabbed my hand and pulled me out of the small closet. My stomach flipped his hand was so warm and fit perfectly in my own. We walked into the autopsy room and Eddie was still holding my hand with a giddy smile on his face. He then realized he was still holding and and let go.

"Um, shall we get to work?"

I smiled up at him. "We shall"

*I'm back...finally well I hope you guys liked this!! Please comment and vote for the next chapter! I will try to update more often!! Thank you guys for the reads!!! Peace ✌🏻️**