The Visit

Please make her stop talking...

I wish you wouldn't act like that you know.

Act like what?

"You know what I mean Ed?"

"Uh...yes I um agree." I pushed my glasses up further on my nose, Lee had been talking for 2 consistent hours.

"Are you sure you're going to be okay Ed? You still seem like you're preoccupied."

"It has been very hard for me but I will push through..." I half-smiled hoping this would be the end of the conversation.

"Okay, well do you want anymore coffee? I don't have to be at the station until 6." I glanced at my watch; 3:00 p.m. there was no way I could sit here for another three hours.

"Thank you for everything Dr. Tompkins this talk has been very, well..." Boring "Helpful."

"If you ever need to talk again Ed, just let me know." she reached out and patted my hand, it took everything in me not to rip away.

"Of course, thank you again." she finally stood up after leaving some bills on the table. I followed her out.

"Are you doing anything else today Ed?"

"Well I figured I could visit Katherine."

"How is she doing? Last time I heard about her was from Jim, and it wasn't good news."

"She's getting better. She hates being in the hospital though, I actually had to bring her some cases so she could occupy herself." Lee laughed. "Sounds like her."

For some reason that statement bothered me, Dr. Tompkins didn't know her. She hardly tried to.

"Well Dr. Tompkins I guess I will see you tonight at the station?"

"Yup, I'm so glad that we could talk and I'm so sorry for everything that has happened to you."

I nodded and stepped into my car.

Finally some peace and quiet, that woman cannot shut up.

You know Eddie I was thinking about how you used to be, remember that before you killed Tom and Kris-

"I don't think I can do this."

Why do you always have to interrupt me? he rolled his eyes. What do you mean by that?

"Someone's going to find out what we did. With two people gone from the station? If anyone it will probably be Jim."

Oh yeah Jimbo... you may be right, but I think I may have a plan to get rid of good ol Jim. For now let's worry about Katherine yes? Just cool down Ed.

**At the hospital

"How's she been?"

"Tired honestly, after we gave her something to calm her down. She was giving us so much trouble."

"Is she asleep now?"

"No she's waiting on lunch, which I'm guessing is you?" I shook my head as the nurse pointed me towards Katherine's room.

"Katheri-"

"FINALLY!!"

"LUNCH TIIIMMEE!" She bolted up from her bed with a wide smile on her face.

I grabbed the two sandwiches and the soup and sat them on her table.

"I got potato and tomato soup, wasn't sure which one sounded better to you."

"Thank you very much Ed. This day has been long."

You're not the only one.

As we ate we discussed some cases and made small talk it was very refreshing after being analyzed by Lee.

"So how was your date last night?" Oh no.

"It was, um..."

"Did you not enjoy it?"

I enjoyed it.

"I we-" I was having trouble concentrating.

"What happened Ed?"

Don't tell her the truth. We can't trust her yet.

I agreed with him. She witnessed me when I killed Tom, heck she helped me dispose of him. She knew what Tom had done to Kristen but I knew that Kat had morals. Even after killing Tom I had somewhat of a lingering guilt deep down, but when I killed Kristen...it felt good even though I didn't want to admit it. It was a rush and I wanted that again.

Let me handle this Ed, I have an excuse for you.

"Kristen just, wasn't interested. After we ate she left and told me she didn't think it was going to work out."

"Oh, well at least she was honest with you." she didn't sound that disappointed.

"Yeah, now I can visit you more often too." she smiled and took a bite of her sandwich. "So how long do you have to stay here?"

"I think the nurse said until Monday."

"Today's Friday at least." she rolled her eyes.

"Yeah and after all this hospital time, I have to take three days off of work to stay home."

"Chief Essen?"

"She called me this morning and told me 'I didn't need the stress'."

"Well I mean it might be good for you."

"Please don't take her side."

"Okay then let's uh change the subject."

We chatted the way through the rest of our lunch until the nurse interrupted us.

"Miss Nightblood, it seems you have another visitor." I looked to the door more curious than a cat.

*Thump,

thump,

thump,

thump.*

"Hello Katherine."

"Oswald."

**Hey Guys! Sorry that this update took such a long time! It seems that I have been so busy but I finally got this chapter to you guys! Hopefully the next update will come a little sooner than this one! Please comment and vote about this story and suggestions are always welcome! THANKS GUYS!!**