Riddle me this

Edward......

Eddie boy

WAKE UP!

I opened my tired eyes and looked around, I swear I heard someone talking.

You did dummy, it was me......

I looked up and saw him standing over my bed smiling at me.

"What are you doing here? I banished you for good."

Almost, but you know how that turned out.

"That was an accident. I'm not that man, I'm not YOU."

Geez, I knew you would wake up all boo-hooey. You probably have half a mind to turn yourself in. Good thing I have the other half.

I couldn't believe this was happening, I was not a bad person.

Do you like magic tricks?

He brought me out of my thoughts.

"What?"

Of course you like magic tricks. After all, I do. Well guess what, I can make a body disappear.

A body disappear? No he couldn't mean, I sat up and looked at where I had left Kristen last night. She was gone.

"Where is she?"

"Where is Miss Kringle's  body?"

Open the envelope.

I scooped up the purple envelope that had a green question mark on the front.

It read:

I hid her body while you were catching some Z's.

You'll need a helping hand,

So look for her initials down at the G.C.P.D."

I looked down to what I was wearing and saw my nametag attached to my coat.

"You went to my work last night?!"

Well technically, you did. I was just in the driver's seat so to speak.

"How? You're a figment of my imagination. A projection of impulse."

"Nothing more!"

That is uncalled for.

"Uncalled for?"

"You hijacked my body while I was asleep, and you stole my dead girlfriend!"

Okay. Yeah, it's true. But I'm doing this for your own good.

If I was you, which, again, I sort of am, I'd get cracking. You do want to find the body first, right?

My clock read 5:45 A.M. Oh no this was not good.

I grabbed my coat, keys, and glasses and reached for the door.

Have fun Eddie, don't do anything I wouldn't  do, or I guess we wouldn't do.

*At the station

I pulled into the desolate GCPD parking lot, nervous about what was to come. How could I not remember coming here last night, he was just a figment of my imagination, nothing more. How was he able to take control over me?

These thoughts echoed in my head as I rushed into the building.

You might wanna hurry up Edward. Time is ticking

"Nygma, what are you doing at this time in the morning?" It was Jim Gordon.

"I'm uh, well you see....I had some paperwork for a case that I left here so I figured I should just get it over with now and come a little earlier." He stared at me making my nerves even worse.