Chapter 3

"So what do you want to do?" Mr. Franco asked politely from the drivers seat. My nerves were beginning to get the better of me, and this awkward silence was thick enough to cut through. Perhaps this wasn't a date, but I didn't care. I was just happy to spend time with him.

"I don't know. It's up to you." I was nervously twiddling my finger just to give myself something to do. It'd become a terrible habit of mine when I was anxious. He drummed his fingers noisily on the steering wheel, and hummed softly. "Well do you like movies?"

"Yes." I admitted softly taking a quick glance towards him. He had changed his shirt into something more comfortable, and a noticed how it clung tightly to his muscles.

It was getting on my nerves how I suddenly didn't know how to speak when he was around. In general I was an outgoing person, and very social. Most of my friends were guys too, but then again Mr. Franco was a man. A sexy, intelligent, and intimidating man. I needed to snap out of my little fantasy. Yet here I was getting excited about conversing in his car about movies, and what we'd do this evening.

"We could see a romance?" His tone indicated that he was only offering to be polite, but it didn't upset me any. Personally movies about romance, and love had me asleep before we could even get to the movie trailers. "No thanks." I said louder with a giggle. "I'm kind of obsessed with horror movies."

He smiled and glanced towards me setting my cheeks a blaze. "Oh really?" He asked sarcastically. His tone was playful and it strangely made me happy how we were becoming more comfortable with one another.

I shrugged with a small smile, and turned my attention towards the outside world. It was around 4pm, and the clouds shaded the bright sun away giving it a gray appearance. I loved how it looked this way, so depressing yet comforting. "Well horror movie it is then, but first we're going to get some food."

We pulled into a burger joint which was a proclaimed favorite of his. I could tell by the way the owner greeted him that he was a regular. Although I wasn't sure how he could keep up his Godly body by eating burgers.

He lead us to a booth where a waiter came and handed us menu's. She was a young brunette around my age who took pleasure in allowing her eyes to scan his entire body. My heart ached with jealously but it comforted me how he barely acknowledged her. "What would you like to drink?" She asked flirtatiously. "A DR. Pepper, and what would you like?" He looked to me with a kind smile. "Pepsi."

Not long after our orders were taken, two wealthy plates of burgers and fries came out. They were surprisingly good, and I realized why he was a regular. Secretly I wished this place could become our spot, but that could never happen.

"So how old are you?" Mr. Franco asked after swallowing a large bite of burger. A noticeable splotch of ketchup made home in the corner of his mouth.

I giggled taking a napkin, and wiped it off myself. "17, but I turn 18 in a few weeks." He thanked me with embarrassment, and nodded. He seemed a little pained by my answer, but I didn't ponder on it too long. "How old are you?" I questioned back nosily. He had to have been in his early 20's, but then again he could just have a baby face.

"23." He said with a smile. I was praising the sexy teacher god's for this. He was older than me, but yet 5 years wasn't that big of deal was it? Of course if anyone found out it'd be total chaos but there was no need to even think about that.

"What's your real name?" I stuck one of my French fries into the ketchup, and then into my mouth looking to him curiously. "Dave, and I'd rather you not call me Mr. Franco. We are coworkers after all." His smile was dark, and mischievous. It suited him strangely well.