Chapter 8

Before I could even process a single thought a strong arm was wrapped around my waist, and I was pulled back into the school. Mr. Franco was muttering profanities under his breath.

"What was that?" I asked as soon as I was able to catch my breath.

He looked to me with newfound worry and shook his head. Dave, with his arm still wrapped around my waist, lead me to the school office.

In the familiar room was an older gray haired woman who smiled kindly at us. "What can I help you with?" She asked politely.

"I need to speak with Mr. Martin." Dave spoke with that gorgeous confidence I'd grown to love, and strode towards the principals door. I was forced to follow as his grip was still on me.

Without even knocking he walked in on what looked to be a heated argument between the principal, and some goth looking girl. Mr. Martin glared at us for a few moments before dismissing the girl who stomped out of the room.

"Dave, what are you doing? Haven't you heard of knocking?" He scolded as he typed something on his computer.

"Well this is kind of important." Dave retorted shaking his head once again. "There just so happens to be a gang of kids hanging out in the parking lot. They don't look friendly either."

I nodded my head in agreement only to be pulled closer towards him. I noticed Mr. Martin's eyes flicker to his grasp on me, but didn't speak on it. Instead he grabbed his walkie talkie, and asked for Officer Bryant. 

"Yes Mr. Martin?" The officer had answered.

"Meet me at the front doors, and make sure you have your gun on you. There are some suspicious looking kids hanging out in the parking lot that need to be removed."

I wanted to hang around and watch the chaos unfold, but he wouldn't let me. As soon as Dave was sure the issue was being taken care of I was dragged out of the office. Even against my complaining and whining he just continued his journey to whatever unknown destination I was being taken to.

I finally spoke my mind when we were out of earshot. "Ugh! Stop, let me go." He halted to a stop in looked to me with strange eyes.

"Where are we going?" I stepped away from him and crossed my arms.

"I'm taking you to your house. Then I'm going to go home, and worry about you until Wednesday evening." He made a grab for my arm once again but I stepped away.

I sighed, "Do you really believe these guys are dangerous?"

He nodded and made another grab for my arm. I backed away out of his reach once again and he growled in frustration. "Yes Lila. I am extremely worried. Now will you please come with me? I'll drive you home, and take you to school in the morning. You can get your car tomorrow."

"So they're seriously a gang? What the hell is this? Grease?" I chuckled to myself. Instead of joining in on the joke I found myself within his grasp once again.

The ride to my house was excruciatingly silent. That's when it finally hit me how serious this was. These people were dangerous. So dangerous that my completely gorgeous and off limits teacher felt the need to drive me home himself.

As we got closer and closer it hit me how badly I needed him with me. Even if it was just for the rest of the evening. I wanted him to be there and tell me that everything was going to be okay. Especially when I knew it wasn't.

I suddenly felt a vibration in my pocket. The surname read Mom. Although I wasn't in the mood to talk I answered anyways.

"Hey Lila! So I can't talk long, but it turns out that I have to go on a week trip for the company."

I could feel my phone shaking in my hand as I asked, "What about dad?"

"You know he's going on a hunting trip, but I'm sorry honey. I hate leaving you all alone for a week. Maybe you could invite Stacey over?"

She paused for a moment allowing me to speak, "Oh, um I don't know. I think I'm just going to stay home by myself. You know I have tons to do, and more colleges to apply for."

"Okay honey! I'll call you everyday, and you better answer! I love you, and I'll call you when I land. I'm getting on the plane now."

"Yeah mom, I love you too." I'd answered but she'd already hung up.

Dave pulled in front of my house sighing irritably through his nose. He jaw was clenched and he looked rather conflicted. Then again so was I considering the circumstances.

"What'd your mom want?" He asked in what sounded like defeat.

"Well, um. . ." I stuttered not sure how to propose this idea. I wanted him to stay with me. The entire week if he was able, but I didn't want to be too pushy. He was, after all, a grown man with a life of his own.

He looked to me as if he were inspecting a cut, or something broken. It was somewhat careful. "My parents are going to be gone for the entire week, and I want. . . If you want you could-" Mr. Franco's eyes widened in realization and he acted quickly.

His hand was cupped around the back of my neck as he pulled me towards him, and our lips were on one another instantly. They moved in sync in a beautiful rhythm that could only be known as perfect.

Soon I found myself straddling his lap, and my fingers were in his hair. However as I was on this godly man who so clearly wanted me I was dumbfounded. How was I supposed to stop this? I mean don't get me wrong, it was great. Yet isn't there still that group of thugs that are threatening us? Last time I checked, yes.

I suddenly pulled away from his unwilling lips, and he groaned in frustration. I lightly laughed at his expression, and opened the door carefully crawling off of him.

"So I'll take that as you're coming?" I smiled reaching over him and grabbing my bag.

"I'll stay, but only if you're okay with it." He said this more as a question than a statement.

"I am the one who offered. Besides I really don't want to stay here alone. Especially after. . . today." I shook my head as if shaking away a bad memory.

He grinned that same confidently arrogant grin that I adored. "Looks like I'm staying! But first I need to run home, and grab some clothes. I'll be back in about 30 minutes." My smile felt more like a cringe, but passed successfully in his eyes.

I watched him drive away feeling anxious. Not just the normal separation anxiety, but I was genuinely fearful. What if those people come here looking for us? What were they looking for anyways?

I shook it off as nothing as I made my way inside the house. Although the place was fairly clean I tidied up a bit. Nothing spectacular. I watched the clock in agony as the seconds ticked by.

Just as I was just beginning to load up the dish washer I heard a knock on the door. I sighed in relief as I danced my way towards the door. He was back, and earlier than I'd expected.

Smiling to myself I opened the door, but just as quickly as my smile had appeared it faded into a grimace. There, on the step of my door, was Stacey. And ironically enough my totally gorgeous off limits teacher, Mr. Franco, would be here any minute.

This was going to be one hell of an unexpected confrontation.

Chapter 8! Vote and comment! 11/8/16
-Haley