Chapter 16

The scene before me was utterly intense. The boys didn't even seem to notice the frail girl in the middle of them, and continued to throw punches towards one another despite her yelling.

The larger one had brown hair, and was currently on top of the smaller one pounding him senselessly with his fists. Stacey was literally inches away pulling herself back in an attempt to get away from them.

Before I had the chance to even think about helping Stacey, Damien stood up.

He was like a bulldozer standing in the middle of it all throwing punches towards the attackers. The adrenaline hungry crowd was practically drooling at the intense scene, and didn't seem to mind Stacey being in the middle of it.

The attackers didn't even stand a chance to Damien's strong blows. Within seconds they were on the ground groaning in pain. The largest one was clutching his nose, and the other his arm. They both seemed to be bruised, bloody, and I'm assuming broken.

In my drunken state I didn't seem to notice Max dragging Stacey off to the side.

I held my mouth to fight back to vomit which seemed to be crawling up the back of my throat. I felt like I was going to be sick, and considering the amount of alcohol I'd consumed that was a high possibility.

Everything was becoming more and more fuzzy as I turned my head to the sides. Disoriented, I looked over to redhead who was inspecting my best friend, but luckily she seemed to be fine. Well, other than a busted lip. Max held a napkin to the place where blood was dribbling down her chin. Those idiots must've accidentally hit her I thought sourly.

I turned my head the other way to Damien, he seemed to be rather riled up due to the fight. His breaths were hard and labored. His blonde hair was a mess, and much like everyone here he was glistening with sweat.

A couple of the girls who'd cheered on the fight were clinging to his arms asking for his number. I couldn't help but quietly laugh at the awkward scene. However I couldn't really blame them for wanting him. Although I despised Damien with a passion he was still a very handsome man, and what he had done was somewhat heroic. Saving a girl who had simply been at the wrong place at the wrong time.

However their pleading didn't stop him from pushing them off and making his way towards me. Finally they gave up, and dissolved back into the crowd. He then calmly scooped me up in his muscular arms, and carried me over to where Max was examining Stacey.

"How is she?" Damien questioned as we hovered above them. Stacey was clearly much more intoxicated than the rest of us, but she still seemed well aware of the situation. I could tell by the look in her eyes she was frightened.

"She got a little scared, but she'll be fine." Max said answering for her.

"Lila," Stacey called for me in a drunken slur. Her makeup was running down her face from a mix of sweat and tears. How could I have let this happen I thought guilty.

I motioned for Damien to set me down, but he wouldn't comply. "I can walk." I retorted with attitude, but he only shrugged and reverted his attention to my best friend.

I glared at him, and reluctantly answered, "I'm right here Stacey."

Stacey was hugging Max with her head tucked into the crook of his neck. So much for the redheads aren't her type I thought with amusement. "I want to go home." She asked with a short sniffle, and then hiccuped.

"Oh shit." I face palmed myself. How could I have been such an idiot? There was no way in hell I could possibly drive tonight.