Chapter 18

"Lila, what's going on?" Stacey's drunken figure slurred forward towards where Dave's body hovered over me.

Her makeup had run down her face from sweat, and tears. Looking back at how clean and nice her new clothes were before they now looked disgusting. Most of the sequences from her shirt were missing. She was also covered in dirt, and the yellow stain on her shirt most likely is vomit.

"What is she still doing here?" I glared at Dave who's face was inches from mine.

"Are you two about to fuck? Because I can go." Stacey shrugged her arms, practically falling backwards as she lost balance. She was still drunk.

I sighed and walked over to where she was, steadying her. "Come on Stace, let's get you to bed. We can talk when you're sober." She began mumbling nonsense as I lead her to the spare bedroom where Dave had been meant to stay.

I flicked on the switch, noticing nothing strange about the room. At least Dave's belongings weren't here, I thought to myself. As I pulled the sheets back, i could hear a sudden zipping sound.

"What are you doing?" I asked my mouth agape. I almost laughed aloud as I watched my best friend struggled to pull off her too tight skinny jeans.

"Sit on the bed, I'll be back." I declared walking back to my room.

Dave was sitting on my bed looking rather guilty. I avoided eye contact as I grabbed a shirt and a pair of pants for Stacey. I them took the liberty of grabbing a makeup wipe, a brush, and a hair bow. Stacey definitely owed me after this one.

"Lila can we talk?" Dave asked as I walked back and forth my room to grab the items I needed.

Still not making eye contact I promised, "Oh we will." However my promise sounded more like a threat.

I mean what could he have been thinking? My best friend who had already been suspicious before, must know by now. It was truly a poor choice on his half.

I made my way back to the spare bedroom only to find Stacey with her jeans around her ankles, passed out, belly up on the bed. I sighed to myself as I could make out light snoring.

Stacey was no help in the process of cleaning her up. She only laid there while I wiped away her makeup, however she did sit up long enough to allow me to slip on the shirt I'd chosen. Pulling her hair out of her face was a bit more complicated, but I managed.

Then came the difficult part: talking to Dave.

I walked into my room, crossing my arms, and glaring at Dave. "What the actual hell?" I questioned with a criticizing look.

"I'm sorry Lila. That red haired boy offered to take her to his place, but I thought it'd be best to keep her here." He explained standing up, and walking towards me.

I sighed heavily uncrossing my arms. Dave was right. I definitely didn't trust Lucas or Max after tonight.

Copying my actions, Dave sighed deeply and began walking towards the door. "Where are you going?" I questioned feeling somewhat panicked.

Confused he stopped in the doorway, and glanced back at me. "Don't you want me to leave?" He asked with a deep frown on his handsome face.

"Of course not!" I said a little too loudly and jolted forward. "I mean, um." I stuttered feeling slightly embarrassed.

"I'm sorry I made you leave. The past few days without you have been kind of difficult, and I know I haven't really known you long but," I paused for a second searching for the right words, but I knew deep down I couldn't tell this man I needed him to be with me. "Just stay with me tonight."

I looked to him only to find that big goofy grin I'd grown to love. He pulled me in and hugged me tightly. His arms felt so warm and safe.

However there was still the matter of what Damien had told me. I didn't want to believe it, but my mother often told me drunk people bluntly tell the truth. Then again he could've been lying. All of this just made my head hurt.

"I'm going to go crash on the couch." Dave whispered into my ear as he ended the hug.

"No," I objected as I felt his heated arms loosen their grip on me. "Stay with me, in my bed."

Sleeping with Dave was strangely comfortable. Even if I was practically crushed against his chest as he held me, I still enjoyed it.

While lying here, in Dave's arms, something within me knew that everything was going to be alright. At least for now.

Chapter 18! Vote and comment.

PLEASE READ: Okay, so before everyone decide to chew my head off about my not updating let me explain. . .

Around August I was hired for my very first job, because I turned 16, and I needed to save up enough money for my own car because ya girls parents aren't rich. I worked too many hours and my grades went down hill and I hardly had time to breathe much less do the things that I loved. One of which is writing.

Originally if only planned the book to be a couple of chapters long but it's developed into something much more. Having said that I will be searching for the perfect way to end this book by chapter 25, or earlier. 😕

Thank you all for the patience, love, and support. I truly appreciate it. 3/11/18