Chapter 14

I was standing in the bathroom with Stacey who was currently babbling about her day at school while putting on makeup. She wore the same outfit she'd chosen at the mall.

"You know Lila," she began as I hoisted myself onto the bathroom counter and looked to her. "Lucas is like totally in love you." She giggled while putting on her lip gloss.

"He's not." I shrugged and began picking at the fabric on my jeans.

Honestly, it'd never occurred to me that Lucas could possibly have a crush on me. I'd always seen him as a friend or brother, probably because he definitely was not my type.

"You know Max likes you right?" I eyed her with a smile as she looked to me from the corner of her eye.

"I don't have a clue what you're talking about." Stacey had tried to keep a straight face, but I'd caught a hint of a smirk on her lips. She totally knew that he was constantly trying to flirt with her at lunch.

I laughed aloud, "Don't lie to me Stacey! That totally breaks the best friend code." She and I erupted into a chorus of giggles as she finished the last touches of her makeup. Once she was finally content on her look, I grabbed my keys, and we both headed towards the car.

The party wasn't something I'd wanted to go to, but due to the fact that Stacey was making me kind of made things feel like normal again. I was just a normal teenager going to a party with alcohol and friends.

The drive to the house wasn't that long. Maybe 20 minutes at the longest. As we pulled in front of Lucas's house I looked to Stacey who's mouth was practically watering at the sight: boys, alcohol, and attention. Those were the 3 things she craved most. I needed to reign her in a little and set some ground rules.

"Stacey," She pried her eyes from her target long enough to glance at me.

"Yeah?" She grinned excitedly and grabbed my hand. "OMG! This is going to be so much fun!" She squealed being unable to control herself.

"I know, but listen just don't get too drunk tonight. You never really set limits when you drink." I said rather bluntly.

Usually things like this would set Stacey off. She'd be offended at my forwardness, we'd have a brief argument, and then she'd go stomping off into a night of partying. However to my surprised she only smiled and nodded.

I sighed rather heavily in my seat as I cut the engine. She was going to be more of a handful than usual tonight, I could tell.

Lucas's house was rather large, and peaceful looking. It was enchantingly beautiful with a clean cut yard. Almost like something you'd see out of a movie. However the hum of music, and light pouring out of the window only confirmed one thing. There was a party.

I was practically dragged the entire way to his house by my alcohol crazed bestie. People were beginning to pour into the home, so there wasn't really a need for knocking. We simply flowed in with the crowd.

The scene within was even more horrific than I'd imagined. The sound of a trashy rap song was blaring. As if that wasn't great enough the place reeked of sweat and alcohol. I wrinkled my nose in disgust, and tried my best it make it past my peers without getting groped.

"Hey Stacey!" I tried my best to yell across the music. She look to me with a confused expression, and mouthed the word, "Yeah?"

"Help me find Lucas, okay?" A single nod of her head was all the confirmation I was able to get.

It took Stacey about three minutes to leave me. From the what I could make out it sounded like she was squealing about some expensive brand of vodka. I sighed through my nose, what was I going to do with her?